Sign in to follow this  

Iowa Midwest Riding Vids

Looks like fun! Where is this? Or can't you say? I'm looking to get out of MN this weekend...

Man, you boys need to get some woods riders down there to work on some public singletrack - organize and unite!

Man, you boys need to get some woods riders down there to work on some public singletrack - organize and unite!

PFFFFT!!!!!!!

public single track=public quad trails in about a weeks time.

weve put in trails at bussy only to go back a week later and they have run a dozer through it.

ALL the single track in iowa is private. we have to watch who we tell about our private spots or they become overrun with quads and people who arent supposed to be there to start with.

PFFFFT!!!!!!!

public single track=public quad trails in about a weeks time.

weve put in trails at bussy only to go back a week later and they have run a dozer through it.

ALL the single track in iowa is private. we have to watch who we tell about our private spots or they become overrun with quads and people who arent supposed to be there to start with.

I hear you, see that happen everywhere, from here down to Arksansas...the best thing I've seen is one club that drops trees all over the trail as soons as quads move in, so you gotta weave through it tighter than you know what to get in. Kinda fun to ride at the same time...

But I think the real key is working with land managers and whoever else has the dang bulldozer keys to get trails put in that you want to ride and make sure they mark it and police it. Frankly, there's a bajillion more ATV UTV riders out there, so you're not gonna be heard unless you get together and make some noise. With diplomacy, of course...

was that foster i saw?

not sure... I don't know many of the guy's last names..... what is his first name? :busted:

I find your post kind of funny. Why? Because Iowa doesn't have any real public ground available to ride on. No big national or state forests. There literally is no real ground to put trails on.

Now lets take MN which you are from. For the number of state and national forests you have available, you riders haven't done the best job of getting ground to ride on.

When you get a trail system like Michigan has then you have something to brag about.

Naturally I know it's "not that easy". But perhaps it could be done. See Michigan.

I find your post kind of funny. Why? Because Iowa doesn't have any real public ground available to ride on. No big national or state forests. There literally is no real ground to put trails on.

Now lets take MN which you are from. For the number of state and national forests you have available, you riders haven't done the best job of getting ground to ride on.

When you get a trail system like Michigan has then you have something to brag about.

Naturally I know it's "not that easy". But perhaps it could be done. See Michigan.

I would agree...:busted: except that no matter where you go, 2 wheel riders are an ever increasing minority and nothing happens unless the riders demand and work for it. In no way would I brag about MN, but I'm pretty sure the trail system you speak of in MI happened because riders "organized and united", right?

I would agree...:busted: except that no matter where you go, 2 wheel riders are an ever increasing minority and nothing happens unless the riders demand and work for it. In no way would I brag about MN, but I'm pretty sure the trail system you speak of in MI happened because riders "organized and united", right?

Right! A long time ago too. The Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan. I think they started in the mid 70's.

Here is a vid from a few weeks ago at Tama OHV. I used my $12.00 cheapo helmet cam, but the video quality and sound are actually pretty good. This is about 25% of the total trails. I know nobody has much love for Tama, but I actually have a lot of fun there. You just have to put up with the "transfer sections" otherwise known as farm fields in between the trails. I think I have found most of the trails, but it would be nice to go with a local to see If I've missed any.

Here is a vid from a few weeks ago at Tama OHV. I used my $12.00 cheapo helmet cam, but the video quality and sound are actually pretty good. This is about 25% of the total trails. I know nobody has much love for Tama, but I actually have a lot of fun there. You just have to put up with the "transfer sections" otherwise known as farm fields in between the trails. I think I have found most of the trails, but it would be nice to go with a local to see If I've missed any.

your hand looks like a :moon:right when the video starts :lol: