Sign in to follow this  

Plastics?!

Hi, i have a 2000 yz 125 and i want to buy new plastic, i was dabating what color to get because i thought it would look funny with the blue tank, also i considered getting oem colors and the putting the graphics kit i want but it would look funny, what do i do about the tank. i would like black or white plastic, would it still look ok? what do YOU think?

you could paint your tank if you wanted, i did that to my 02:thumbsup:, gotta find some plastic paint, then sand your tank, do a light intial coat, then use heat gun to essentially fuse the first coat on then the next layers will stick just fine. i think if your graphics are black/white then it would look fine with blue tank

You can also go to your local Walmart and purchase black dye. Remove your tank and boil it with that dye. You'll end up with a black tank that will go great with practically any color plastics.

Edit: Just saw that you're located in Manitoba, don't think they have Walmarts there. I'm sure you could find this stuff at a supermarket in your area. This is what I'm talking about: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rit-Black-15-Dye-118-oz/11078317

for starters black plastics are the ugliest things you could put on a bike. unless a you find a sweet sticker that works with it. im sick of black plastics with monster graphics. looked cool to start with but old real quick. in my opinion all white with no stickers looks good but not sure how it would go with the blue tank. i think if you put a sticker kit with blue in it on it might work quite well the the blue tank

• Like 1