Sign in to follow this  

New Ice Race track! May be over before it begins?!? help!!

Ok guys ice racing is huge where Im from (the U.P.)..a track was recently opened up by a generous member of our ice racing community. He had a 3/16 oval track dug into his field that is going to be flooded when the ground freezes to create a much safer track then where we usually race (on a river that always is unstable because of currents and what not). It will also create a longer season for us racers. ALL of the earnings gathered from the races is donated back into the community!

Recently there has been many complaints by near by neighbors and they are trying to close the track before it even begins. there claims are noise, fumes, and diminishing property value.

We will be racing a maximum of 6 hrs on 12-15 Saturdays weather pending.

I can not see fumes from race bikes being an issue nor diminishing property value.

any input on how to save this track is very much appreciated!:busted: A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into this track with an outlook on bettering the racing community.

Who is complaining? Train an eye on them...dig up some dirt...see if they still wanna complain. Most folks are up to something wrong, they may not even know they are doing it. Gotta thank the trial lawyers for that. If ya find something good, sue them in civil court. Turnabout is fair play in my book.

What about coming up with noise restrictions? I have heard of races around here that require you to run a db Dawg. To be perfectly honest, I don't blame them for not wanting the noise as long as they are willing to compromise! JMO

DB snorkel works on the 2T bikes and cuts the DB but maybe also works on the 4t. Call them up and ask, maybe tell them what you are doing and they can send you one to test. If it reduces the noise make it a mandatory item to be put on bikes at this track. If its a choice of racing or not then maybe this can help with the neighbors. If you have racers who tear the guts out of their 450 pipe to get more HP nothing will help.

I don't work for that company however I have seen their product and it does appear to really quiet down bikes. Noise will always be the main issue that kills the sport.

First place to look is the local zoning regulations and laws such as a noise ordinance. Gotta find out if the neighbors have the law on their side or not. Since it sounds like the landowner is not accepting money, you are off to a good start in that this is not a business. It's just a series of charity events. That helps but also opens you up to regulations with regards to it being a charity. At the end of the day, the neighbors could be a non issue or can be a real big issue.

I honestly cant see everyone quieting down there exhausts, it would be a great thing, but in reality people will travel to different tracks with no noise regulations. the thing that gets me is that its only noise for 6 hrs on 12-14 Saturdays out of the year and its benefiting the community a lot! as for fumes that made me laugh so hard i cried when it was brought up at a recent meeting.. i will look into the zoning regulations and laws such as a noise ordinances..

I didn't know there were numerous ice tracks in the UP.