97 rm 125 clutch adjustment issues

• 1 month later...

mine was doing the same from grooving

i went in today and filed mine down (its cheaper than 200+new one)

now it works like brand new

i also sanded the filed edges down too smooth the filled edges down

look up videos on you tube to pull apart and put back together properly

good luck

A bent shift fork would not make it lurch forward. That only controls the gears position/what gear your in. There is something dragging in your clutch to cause the lurch. Using the correct oil? Soak clutch before install? You could try a lighter oil maybe. My bike does this until it gets warmed up then no lurching.

Typical Suzuki issues. Check your basket and hub for notching and burrs. Automotive ATF type F works well in Suzuki's 'less than desirable' clutch components. And as said, soaking your friction plates beforehand is a good idea.

We've still got a 98 125 that sits around if my boys want to go riding with me. It's been a good 10 years now, but I remember reading somewhere that taking the clutches push-rod and filing the squared end (that goes inward) to a more rounded shape will help with your issue... don't know why, but I did it and it helped.

Our 98 has a Hinson basket, a 'like new' OEM hub, good OEM frictions, modified push-rod, ATF, adjusted to a minimal amount of free-play at the lever/perch, and it still drags somewhat, just gotta live with it.