Sign in to follow this  

Pilot jet screw up again?

Second time the shop sent me pilot jets and their still different. These fit but seat lower in the body. Is this a superseded design or just the wrong jet? Shiny one is the new obviously.

IMAG0281.jpg

Edited by voodoolord

Holy crap! Now theres a jet shortage? This is getting ridiculous. Do you know if anyone has run this other jet I have and the results? Its a 55 and seems to fit even though its different in some dimensions. I would try it but I have the motor half apart and waiting on more parts.

Im tempted to see how it runs with it. It screws in fine and seats well. Maybe its the long lost secret pilot jet these bikes have been waiting for :busted:

Yep,,Give it a try and see if it goes ok..Where did you get that jet and what's its part number..??

If you want a 55 Pilot for an XL600 then an 83 RFVC XR500 one should fit correctly as it should in any twin carbed XR/XL600..,,and yes there's a shortage..you have to trawl all twin carbed RFVC 250/350/500/600 model fiches to find a match

Honda p/n 99103-MG3-0550 is a 55,,Not listed as being discontinued as yet at Service Honda..,Make sure you check the part number with the desk jockey against the 1983 twin carbed RFVC XR500 fiche so he orders the correct thing..

If you order one and it needs to come from Japan I'd expect a delay of at least two weeks.,,The place is as slow as since the quake..Couple of other bits I ordered for my 89 took a month to get here.,.that's not service..

Edited by Horri