Sign in to follow this  

Stick you leg out?

To the supermoto riders

I feel much more comfortable when I go around turns if I stick my leg out like I do when I ride my dirtbike. Of corse it al depends on how fast im going, turn angle, how aggresive im riding.......u know what I meen. Somtimes I do somtimes I dont. It just feals right somtimes.

How many of you SM riders do this too? On the road I should say.

I saw a wet patch of leaves right at a stop sign were I wasgoing to turn so I stuck my leg out ( like on a DB) and slid her sidways. I love doing it on the road!!!

Do u do it?

All the time. But I run knobbies so I'll power-on slide like a flat tracker at around 25 mph!

I do all the time. Im currently trying to work on keeping my foot flat on the track rather than an MX style. be careful on the street depending on what kind of shoes you wear. If you have riding shoes or boots with less traction you are fine, but rubber soles will grab(if the bike slips) and you could be in a world of hurt:)

yeah I ride with my foot out, but I really shouldn't. It has saved me once, but it hurt... a whole bunch. Apparently the flat soles of DC shoes + asphalt is the highest coefficient of friction known to man. But I would rather have a sore foot from the impact than a scratched body and bike. I think I was going about 35 when I put my foot down lol.

yeah I ride with my foot out, but I really shouldn't. It has saved me once, but it hurt... a whole bunch. Apparently the flat soles of DC shoes + asphalt is the highest coefficient of friction known to man. But I would rather have a sore foot from the impact than a scratched body and bike. I think I was going about 35 when I put my foot down lol.

Riding shoes really help this. I did just as you said once with work boots on and my foot slammed forward into the steel toes! I wear shift riding shoes and the sole is much harder.

i keep my feet on the pegs..i see alot of people mostly 16 or 17 year olds put the feet out on the scooters im just think whats the point on the road

Feet on the pegs. There really isnt a point to foot out on the street except for looks. If you're going hot enough through something low traction that you need your foot out to not lose it, then you're probably going to fast through there period.

Thanks for the good read. Not gonna lie. I live in hawaii. And I wear slippers (flip flops for some folk) on most riding. The times when it's slippery out I wear a normal pair of skate shoes like the guy with the "dc's". Good to know they're too sticky when you put your foot down.

Does anybody know if there's any "low top" riding shoes. Like regular shoes and not boots?

Thanks for the good read. Not gonna lie. I live in hawaii. And I wear slippers (flip flops for some folk) on most riding. The times when it's slippery out I wear a normal pair of skate shoes like the guy with the "dc's". Good to know they're too sticky when you put your foot down.

Does anybody know if there's any "low top" riding shoes. Like regular shoes and not boots?

Thor 50/50 boots are the closest thing that you're gonna get to regular shoes for riding.:busted:

I try to keep my feet on the footpegs at all times but they seem to slip-off all the time. Am I doing something wrong here?!:busted:

836511357_yUn57-L.jpg

836503639_pj2pK-L.jpg

FLIP FLOPS!!!???? :busted::bonk::busted:

Try these.....

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/28274/ITEM/Speed-and-Strength-Moment-of-Truth-Shoe.aspx

Not gonna lie. I live in hawaii. And I wear slippers (flip flops for some folk) on most riding.

I used to skateboard in just shorts, no shoes, gloves, shirt, pads, and etc (because that's how my Hawaiin roomates did it) until the first fairly high speed get off going down a hill. It only took that one lesson of massive road rash to teach me. After that it was ATGATT, (all the gear all the time) and I carried that rule over into riding. Being on two wheels it's not if, it's when......

Edited by npm

That scares the crap out of me. I hope that your luck holds out, because road rash isn't even remotely friendly or fun.

As for foot out on the road? If the road's gritty and dusty then my foot's out (esp if the a$$ end is coming around). But being a sportbike racer, my gut reaction on a clean road at speed is knee down!

... After that it was ATGATT, (all the gear all the time) ...

I spy a redditor?

I spy a redditor?

You know ATGATT was used long before narwhals and bacon came along right?