Sign in to follow this  

cant find oil.

I have run rotella forever but was going to try the mobil delvac 1 that is real synthetic, not group 3 but I cant find it. If any of you guys tried it where did you find it?

Rotello T6 is also a syn, check out Walmart.

All of the fleet service oils are equivalent, in either dyno or syn versions; Shell Rotello, Mobil Delvac, or Chevron Delo.

It is all about High Temperature High Shear @ 150C (HTHS), quality base stock, and the additive package.

rotella is a group III basestock rather than a IV or V, but it is still an awesome oil....most synth's are group III now, including mobile 1. if you are changing your oil every 5 hours like you should be you can get away with running a good dino oil (rotella white bottle for example)

I run either T6 or white bottle in my KX250F (normally white bottle with an oil change every 5-10 hours depending on severity of use)

I run Motul 8100 Xcess in my Porsche ($80 for 10 qts) its a group IV

I run Mobil 1 0w40 (group III) in my BMW

the tuned 300hp 22psi of boost Saab has always gotten Rotella T6 every 3k miles, no sludge and the oil comes out looking like it went in

internet will get you Delvac synthetic, however consider Mobil's Synthetic diesel oil sold at walmart, at least at my walmart. How could it be different from Mobil Delvac synthetic? i believe it is made for turbo diesels. I bet it is the same oil exactly. i'm going to buy it next time i need oil. ordering delvac and having it delivered is kind of a pain.

If your local wal-mart doesn't have it on hand (I've been running into oil supply problems from Wally World lately too), check a truckstop near you. Major chains (Pilot, Flying J, TA, Petro, Love's, etc) will be more likely to have a better stock on hand, but mom and pop stops should have what you need too.