Sign in to follow this  

Utah Riding near Bear Lake?

Looks like my family is planning a vacation at Bear Lake next summer, will be there in the month of July. I did a little searching around and see that Logan Canyon is right there. However, there are no Youtube vids and I couldn't find anybody talking about the place which means it either sucks or doesn't exist...or it's cool and I just haven't found anything on it.

So, is it worth it for me to drag my bikes with me next summer from Oregon? I'l.l ride whatever, mx, trails, dunes, freeride, whatever...

Thanks is advance for any .

Good mountain riding up there but I've never actually ridden it. Singletrack and doubletrack. I would bring the bikes. Sorry I can't be more helpful, you might find someone that knows more or would be willing to guide you on motoutah.com

sweet, thanks for the tip on another place to check. But you said to bring bikes, thats what I wanted to hear.

Take the bike.. I have ridden there several times. We have a 75 mile loop we do.. Some S-trak, some 2 trak.. We leave from just below the Beaver ski resort and head north ensing up in Idaho..

sweet man, that sounds great. Anybody have any pictures or video from the area? I see Right Hand Fork on the TT maps, how's that place. One site I was checking said something about shingle creek or something like that, that place seemed close too. I want to some vids of the riding down there.

I know there are maps avail. Just don't know where to get one.. Try googling Utah trails ..

Here's one map I found. This area is south of where i am talking about.

map

Here's another of the same area

map

Great riding of all types. Easy family ATV trails to more advanced single track.

Here is the trail map of the Idaho trails west of Bear Lake. The Highline trail is one of the more famous trails. It is now mostly open to ATVs but the single track section is pretty amazing.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5176949.pdf

You can get a paper copy of that map from the ranger stations in Idaho.

Here is the Utah section:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5103212.pdf

The Shoshone OHV map is a better map of the Utah trails - if you can find one. You might give Vescos of Brigham City a call. I think they helped establish the trail system.

http://www.vescos.net/

And here are my videos from this year's rides:

http://vimeo.com/27560793

http://vimeo.com/29320024

http://vimeo.com/29348218

http://vimeo.com/29350173

awesome FamilyRider, thanks for the vids. The place looks great and I know I'll have a good time riding. I had seen some maps but needed to video to get an idea of the place. I'm going to watch the rest of those now.

When we camp/ride in Central Oregon, we always try to make it to the ice caves. Always fun to have a cool destination. Just did that trip a couple weeks ago, this place looks similar but with some more elevation.

I see the trails and route we do on the first map link.. We usually go to Paris Ice cave and it makes for a lot of road, I see a trail on the map that cuts some road miles off and adds trail,, Next year I'll go check it out.. Thanx!!

I was just reading the website for the cabin rental and it says, 'ride right from cabin'. I'm pretty stoked. I looked on google earth and there is roads that go into the hills and up to the water tower and such right from the cabin.

I'm need a bigger trailer to take more bikes down. I'm bring my 450 for me, my cr250 for my brothers to ride, and two 50's for my boys and their cousins.

Me and my 6 year old can get around pretty good, but everyone else is beginners. So it will be nice to not have to trailer the bikes to a staging area and the roads are a good place for them to get warmed up. Hopefully I can find something I can jump thats close to the cabin, that would be killer.

Anybody know if there is any play pits or play areas close?

Lots of riding in the area, but I can't think of any gravel pits or anything like that :lol: The younger kids would really enjoy the Paris ice caves and you more experienced riders would LOVE the highline trail. Make sure you drop into Bloomington lake along that route it is worth every minute. PM me if you need some specifics I grew up and live in this area and ride it often.

I was just reading the website for the cabin rental and it says, 'ride right from cabin'. I'm pretty stoked. I looked on google earth and there is roads that go into the hills and up to the water tower and such right from the cabin.

I'm need a bigger trailer to take more bikes down. I'm bring my 450 for me, my cr250 for my brothers to ride, and two 50's for my boys and their cousins.

Me and my 6 year old can get around pretty good, but everyone else is beginners. So it will be nice to not have to trailer the bikes to a staging area and the roads are a good place for them to get warmed up. Hopefully I can find something I can jump thats close to the cabin, that would be killer.

Anybody know if there is any play pits or play areas close?

Maybe I missed it? Where at Bear Lake is the cabin your renting?

Mark

I live in the Logan area, just on the other side of Logan canyon from Bear lake. There is a lot of riding opportunities up Logan Canyon. A mix of both single track and two-track. Right hand fork is a good starting point to launch from. From that parking lot at the base, there are two single track trails that are a blast, and if you follow the main road up you can ride some two-track that is good for the younger crowd. I have never done the highline trail, although I've heard a lot about it and would like to.

If you're interested, you can PM me a few weeks before you head to Bear Lake and I can talk to my riding buddies and try and get a ride set up for all of us. They know their way around the trails up there way better than I do. And we're always looking for a reason to ride, a trip showing a vacationer around would be a perfect reason!

Also, i'll try to find a video of some of the trails up there if possible, i know they exist but i don't know if anyone has recorded them lol