bike sponsors.com

well like they charge like an agents fee... i'm still on the wall because i've seen people that have gotten it and their video things, i just dont know if it 100%legit or not..

for like applying for sponsors, do i end up just sending in like resume and a video of me riding and maybe some pictures? or any sugguestions? think my local shop would sponsor me?

well like they charge like an agents fee... i'm still on the wall because i've seen people that have gotten it and their video things, i just dont know if it 100%legit or not..

I'm pretty suspicious about it. I've seen a bunch of those videos, but in the videos they always say what they are GOING TO get. I've never seen any feedback yet from anybody that has actually received anything. It seems to me like one of those "too good to be true" deals, but I'm not crazy enough to pay the fees and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong. Good luck though. :busted:

I'm pretty suspicious about it. I've seen a bunch of those videos, but in the videos they always say what they are GOING TO get. I've never seen any feedback yet from anybody that has actually received anything. It seems to me like one of those "too good to be true" deals, but I'm not crazy enough to pay the fees and then find out the hard way if I'm right or wrong. Good luck though. :busted:

thats kind of what i'm waiting on, to see the follow up video for these bikes... if i see a couple legit ones i'll consider it.. but i'm still quite :busted: about it.

Most all places anymore suggest you pay an annual fee of at least $50.00 or so and then give you ability to send out resumes to companies for sponsorship.

Then when you get a company for sponsorship they let you buy products from them at a discount in %age. You may get anywhere from 20% to 50% off their stuff but then there is shipping which is usually a flat rate of $7 to $12.00

Like if you get sponsored say by "FOX" for 50% off and you buy a pair of MX pants off them at retail .....say....$150.00 ......They take your discount which is 50% off of retail and brings it to $75.00 for the pants. Then there is sales tax and then their shipping. You will then get the $150.00 pants for like $89.00

Which is still better than paying $150.00 for the latest stuff but then you have to consider the annual fee you paid for the sponsor site.

Sometimes the web stores like motorcycle superstore and rockymountainatvmc all ready has there riding gear discounted close to what your % rate is from the company you are sponsored with. It may be just by $10 0r $15 but most the time those web store will be offering free shipping on $100.00 or more and sometimes will run free shipping on holidays.

If you know what all you will need through out the year as far as riding gear and maintenance items go then you could order all that stuff at one time and save a huge amount on shipping costs and probably come out to the better.

But if you get a sponsorship for 50% off and you paid a $50 one time annual fee then that is a pretty good deal and even with a flat rate of $10.00 shipping that would be hard to beat from any web store.

IMHO there is no better sponsor than a local shop. they want you to be on the track racing with their logo's so the are prompt to order you the right parts and know the markups so they can always get you the best deals at your bennifit. plus generally their mechanics will be more than helpful with you with tools and quick fixes.

Like if you get sponsored say by "FOX" for 50% off and you buy a pair of MX pants off them at retail .....say....$150.00 ......They take your discount which is 50% off of retail and brings it to $75.00 for the pants. Then there is sales tax and then their shipping. You will then get the $150.00 pants for like $89.00

Well you wouldn't still have to pay the shipping and sales tax fee on the $150 too?

Guys, I work at One Industries and have done stints at Bel-Ray, Yamaha and a local motorcycle dealership. What I have learned about sponsorship is this:

With the exception of the OEMs, almost every company sponsors riders. As long as you race, have a good attitude and ask for something specific (try 50% off retail,) you will most likely get picked up.

Put a resume together with your race results, some pictures, and your plans for 2012 and send it to the person in charge of sponsorship. Odds are good that you'll get help from most of the companies you ask.

It is my belief that sponsorship management places are for pros and top-level amateurs only. Don't waste your time unless writing resumes takes too much time away from your practice schedule. (If it does, you had better be practicing a lot!!)

What happened to the good ol' days of earning sponsorship? I have never once "asked" for sponsorship/support until this year. I have race results to show I have done well, spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars in certain shops, recommended friends and family to these shops. I am like a salesmen to these shops so in turn, they have found support for me through their contacts. I think asking is great, but you need to earn it.

Here's my take on why I should be sponsored.

I ride slow. Any sponsors on my bike get maximum exposure as I pass the stands. Seriously, you want your logo to be seen right? I give excellent visibility! :bonk:

I actually have fender arches from my local shop on both my sons and my bikes. They take care of us like we are pro riders with service and discounts.

I have no problem having the name there! :busted:

As far as the other logos on the graphics.... we sponsor most of them and purchase thier products regularly! :busted:

• 2 months later...

Think through your plan for promoting the companies. First, get aligned with a local shop. Then get on Hook It and MX Sponsor and contact other companies directly. Make sure you think through the companies/products you actually use and want to use since most have non-compete clauses in the contracts. Follow through on your end of the deal and they'll keep you on the team and move you up in their system.