Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125 Carb plastic washer/hat question

I currently have my carb apart for cleaning on my 02 - 125.

Is the plastic cap/hat looking thing under the jet supposed to be loose and floppy?

Mine was prior to removal...

No. You need to tighten your main jet a bit more.

It should be tight with the main jet, or you have it up too far. If you have changed the main jet, you need to make sure you have a mikuni big for the jet

Actually on my bike the cap looking thing just sits there between the jet and the bowl. The local dealer insisted that I bring my carb in so he could install the 17.5 pilot jet I ordered from him. I think he was just trying to be nice and gain my business. No charge for taking the bowl off, removing the jets and blowing the passages out and then putting it all back together. I think that if the cap looking thing was suposed to be attached to the main jet, then he would have said something or would have wanted to sell me something more. Well he didn't even look puzzled so I guess it is actually just suposed to sit there on its own. It cant go anywhere since it is loosly sitting between the main jet and the bowl. I would worry about it. Ride on my friend. Sorry about spelling errors but my Word program just crapped out and I don't have spell check.