Sign in to follow this  

Are the oil filter covers all the same from 06-2012 on kx450f?

I have an 06 kx450 and an 12 they look to be the same, they even fit on each other, I have an aftermarket cover (pro filter) on my 06 I would like to put on my 2012, did an oil change and made the swap so far no problems I started them up and everything seems to be fine called my dealer and he said same filter, same o-rings he was pretty sure they were the same all holes seem to match up....any help in easing my mind in this

I have an 06 kx450 and an 12 they look to be the same, they even fit on each other, I have an aftermarket cover (pro filter) on my 06 I would like to put on my 2012, did an oil change and made the swap so far no problems I started them up and everything seems to be fine called my dealer and he said same filter, same o-rings he was pretty sure they were the same all holes seem to match up....any help in easing my mind in this

Go to bikebandit dot com and compare part numbers.

I checked, they are the same part number.

http://www.maximausa.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21_31_34&zenid=11ub4qgchmfcd8cqum7ab0vam1

Same 06-12 :busted: cool