Sign in to follow this  

04 SDG carb float

I have a 04 speed mini and have been trying to dial in the carb for over a week now. I know they aren't in any way the best pit bike but it's what i got. I have been trying different float combos after i had gas flooding out the overflow. I know it's a mikuni vm22 carb and it says that the float height should be 24-26mm. I got that bent in and now it wont even start and seems awfully low in the float bowl. Has a new SP and the carb is clean and even jumped to a 130 main jet. Anyone know how the float should be measured or what a better measurement is?

Post a picture of the carb. Its probably not a geniune mikuni carb, unless you've replaced it recently. Most likely its a 22mm mikuni knock off and its comes common on a lot of pit bikes. I have a few of them, if its what you have I'll measure the float height on mine and report back.

If the carb you have looks like the one pictured below, it is, as stated above, a 22mm Mikuni-clone carb.

Mikuni22mmcarb.jpg

Also, a baseline setting for this carb is a #100 or #105 main jet, a #17.5 pilot jet, the jet needle clip on the 3rd or 4th notch from the top, and the fuel screw set at 1-3/4 turns OUT from seated, at sea level. Depending upon your elevation, you'll have to tweak it accordingly.