Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Rampart and/or 717 Conditions?

The Douglas County region is closed to full-size vehicles at the main entrance gates (Dakan, Jackson's Creek, HWY 67), Nov 1st-April 1st. But it's open year round to any vehicle under 48" (including snow-mobiles), hikers, snow-shoers, MTBers, etc. The parking lot at HWY 67 and RRR is open so you can unload there and ride into the forest through the 48" gate that I think puts you right on Powerline. Jackson's Creek also has a parking lot to unload at with a trail-head right there, I forget what trail number/name. Rainbow Falls (Teller county's side of Rampart) is open year round to all vehicles including full-size.

I have no idea about conditions, but that's the access side of the story every winter. I once took my KLR on the OHV trails in the winter. No, it was not very fun physically but anything is possible especially with a good set of knobbies and a lot of huffing and puffing.

Is there enough snow on the road right now to ride snowmobiles? It's usually only possible the day after a big snow.

Is there enough snow on the road right now to ride snowmobiles? It's usually only possible the day after a big snow.

Not at Rampart