Sign in to follow this  

Just brought x2 pitbikes for $100

i just brought x2 125 pit bikes, one of them is manual and the other is like a semi auto set up. The manual one i am having trouble with its i cant get it to select through the gears. i think i found neutral as i can roll bike back and foward but when i go to kick start it the kick starter wont move at all it locked up some how, then if i disengage the clutch the kick started just fully travels easily up and down but not turning the motor over, Any one have any ideas. I dont want to strip it if its gunna be easier to jus chuck anouther engine at it.

Well first off its normal for most front clutch type pitbike engines for the crank to not turn the engine over if the clutch is pulled in. You'll probably need to split the cases to see what is wrong. No doubt it'll be easier to buy a new engine but you could probably repair the problem with the kicker for under 100 bucks. A new engine would be anywhere from 200 and up. It might be worth it to just chuck a new engine in it so you would have a complete fresh motor. I have upgraded my 125 to a Pitster Pro 140 engine, its a beast I love it. Under 400 bucks for a complete engine with 4 speed tranny that you can kick in gear, carb, oil cooler, everything you need. Check out Tboltusa for parts, they're good people thats where I get almost all of my parts.