2002 CR250 carb gasket/oring

After taking apart my carb several times, I just noticed that in the honda schematic it shows a gasket/o-ring at the float bowl that my carb doesn't have. Could this be causing the bike to have a hesitation/stutter on the very bottom end?

Also, I've adjusted the crap out of the float and it just won't stop leaking out of the overflow... and with gas just pouring in and not stopping that could cause the stuttering problem too maybe?

One more question; Is the JD Jetting kit worth the $75 or should I just go buy the stock honda stuff for $30.. It looks like the kit only comes with main jets and needles...

Also, I just installed new RC valve cables and that seems to have fixed some of the bottom end bog but not completely...

Yes you need the float bowl seal. Your leak out the drain tubes is most likely the o-ring around the float needle seat. Mine did this last month, the o-ring gets hard and the fuel leaks by. I got a "carb rebuild kit" for my 02 on e-bay for about $20. Has all the seals, float needle and seat plus new needle main and pilot jets. It has a bunch of stuff you don't need but it costs less than buying the seals seperatly

• 2 months later...

It may be that the O-ring is bad AND that you have a casting flaw inside the Float-Valve Seat, preventing a perfect seal between it and the Float Valve's rubber tip. Mine had a tiny, minute casting flaw in the brass that broke off, making for an imperfect seal. Took a Dremel and re-surfaced it. A new part is cheap, at TT store: $5.18; VALVE SET, SEAT

16012-KZ4-A92.