James Bubba Stewart

OK lets just say that James shock did heat up at daytona . But here is the flaw in your theory . James crashed on the first few laps . Crashed ( not becuse he wheeled into the face of a jump ) shock cooled off and then was icy cold for the remander of the race ? Ok i get it now .?

He was also way ahead of everyone , he was riding hard to pull away in those first few laps , if you look at his lap times , thru out the race (after the crash) his lap times were average or slower than the leaders , so the shock was not under the same pressure so it did not rebound , you could also SEE IT in his riding , he was not his normal loose self , he was riding very ridged on the bike , kinda looked awkward if you ask me like he was waiting for the bike to pitch him at any giving moment , as for wheeling the face , remember its a sand track , so the lip should not have sent the bike flying like it did , the sand should have absorbed most of the pressure from his rear wheel , at least that is what is does on the sand track i ride on , so unless Daytona has sand that defies the laws of physics , i would think that was the case

So that kinda blows your theory about the shock not rebounding the rest of the race , since he was not pushing the limits of the bike , it did not fail , its really very simple , so yes the shock was colder than if he was pushing it to its limits , why everyone blames Stewart for his crashes is out of lack of knowing what actually happened as opposed what they want to believe , because they think they know something they dont , and honestly , its not about Stewart , if any rider had the same things happening , i would say the same , which is why i continually say Dungey Settles , because he does , and that and only that is what cost him a shot at the championship , anyone that thinks any different really does not know what they are talking about

Look at the lap times , Stewart rode very slow the rest of the race compared to his first few laps , and compared to the leaders pace, but in the first 2 laps he was almost 3 seconds a lap faster than anyone , RV being the closest

http://results.amasupercross.com/data/2011/09/sxm1ind.pdf

Look at the lap times , Stewart rode very slow the rest of the race compared to his first few laps , and compared to the leaders pace, but in the first 2 laps he was almost 3 seconds a lap faster than anyone , RV being the closest

couldn't be because he was hurt from crashing could it?

He was also way ahead of everyone , he was riding hard to pull away in those first few laps , if you look at his lap times , thru out the race (after the crash) his lap times were average or slower than the leaders , so the shock was not under the same pressure so it did not rebound , you could also SEE IT in his riding , he was not his normal loose self , he was riding very ridged on the bike , kinda looked awkward if you ask me like he was waiting for the bike to pitch him at any giving moment , as for wheeling the face , remember its a sand track , so the lip should not have sent the bike flying like it did , the sand should have absorbed most of the pressure from his rear wheel , at least that is what is does on the sand track i ride on , so unless Daytona has sand that defies the laws of physics , i would think that was the case

So that kinda blows your theory about the shock not rebounding the rest of the race , since he was not pushing the limits of the bike , it did not fail , its really very simple , so yes the shock was colder than if he was pushing it to its limits , why everyone blames Stewart for his crashes is out of lack of knowing what actually happened as opposed what they want to believe , because they think they know something they dont , and honestly , its not about Stewart , if any rider had the same things happening , i would say the same , which is why i continually say Dungey Settles , because he does , and that and only that is what cost him a shot at the championship , anyone that thinks any different really does not know what they are talking about

do you think the crash might have had somthing to do with him slowing down ? and if he was going so slow how did he come from almost a lap down to 9th , that speed is plenty fast to cause any " shock problem"?

exactly ...... and when did 2nd become pitiful ? ......... I can't wait for RV to get a pitiful 2nd :banghead:

Haha, you got me. ? I think he did great at MEC, but those kind of finishes will never be good enough for jimmydirt, the king of sand physics.

I think Jim Dirt must be James Stewart trolling all of us. Because logic and video proof have shown us that James Stewart is the #1 problem James Stewart has with finishing and winning races. Other people being on the same track as James Stewart's second problem, if he could just ride all of the races by himself he would be champion for sure.

I think Jim Dirt must be James Stewart trolling all of us. Because logic and video proof have shown us that James Stewart is the #1 problem James Stewart has with finishing and winning races. Other people being on the same track as James Stewart's second problem, if he could just ride all of the races by himself he would be champion for sure.

I never considered this, but you're probably right! No way there are TWO people on earth that are that poor at making excuses.

I was thinking the same thing?

I said it before ..........Dungy is a machine , he just hauls and rarely makes a mistake , he does not push or take chances , if he did he could have more win's than 2nd's but he could have also done worse , he is a product of Roger DeCoster .... a machine

I know I'm late but THANK YOU!!

Still think Dungy is the best overall rider. RV and JS are fast but they both have a wrecking problem, people are forgetting this because RV was able to put it all together there at the end but RV does wreck. He almost lost it at the MEC when he was way out front. Then we would be all talking about him like JS.

• Like 1

Lack of commitment to the sport is the issue and has been for a while. JGR gives him the opportunity to move to something else, but I am not sure this really says good things about the sport. Stewart has won at many levels including championships; to trivialize this hardly does the sport justice. Why a talented athlete with plenty of remaining potential loses interest in a sport they have done from an early age, would be a question coaches and managers (and parents) in lots of sports would like the answer to.?:banghead:

[quote name=Chaconne;10816736 Why a talented athlete with plenty of remaining potential loses interest in a sport they have done from an early age' date=' would be a question coaches and managers (and parents) in lots of sports would like the answer to.?:banghead:[/quote]

Because they were not allowed to be normal kids and enjoy their childhood. You hit a point where the sport is not fun anymore and lose interest.

Lack of commitment to the sport is the issue and has been for a while. JGR gives him the opportunity to move to something else, but I am not sure this really says good things about the sport. Stewart has won at many levels including championships; to trivialize this hardly does the sport justice. Why a talented athlete with plenty of remaining potential loses interest in a sport they have done from an early age, would be a question coaches and managers (and parents) in lots of sports would like the answer to.?:banghead:

Performing at the highest level year round is a lot of work. I played D1 football, we worked year round to stay in top shape. During the season our days went something like this, 6am workouts, 9am-12 classes 1pm-2 Film study, 2:30 walk through, 3:15-5:45 practice, 7pm class, 7-9pm study hall, games Saturday and shakeout on Sundays. Point is, your becomes consumed by a sport you started doing because you loved it. Its hard as a athlete of any type to look at your friends out having a good time and not being able to join then. Now ad JS's money to the picture ... not that JS is the only one faced with this but this is a common thing you will see with a lot of young pro's, most will refocus. And I agree that I cant understand for the life of me why people that are fans of MX wouldnt at least be happy at the notoriety that JS brings to the sport..

do you think the crash might have had somthing to do with him slowing down ? and if he was going so slow how did he come from almost a lap down to 9th , that speed is plenty fast to cause any " shock problem"?

The Crash had EVERYTHING to do with him slowing down ,he was afraid the bike would do the same thing again ,he said that himself , and his average times were 1:20+ after the crash , not the slowest ,but below RV and Dungey and Reeds speed ,and that speed is nothing like the 1:15 he was doing which is most likely what set the shock off , that is the issue , the speed he can ride , is more than the bike can do without this issue , but the problem is , it can go that speed for 1 , 2 or 5 laps , then it kicks , it would most likely have to do with ambient temps as well as the heat generated in the shock by a rougher track , if one track is smoother the shock will not react or not react as quickly , there is no set time or circumstance that causes the rebound to change , it is most likely totally dependent on bike speed , track conditions and air temp

And it is a rebound issue , Yamaha even addressed this , that the changes from 10-11-12 have been with the rear shock and linkage as these were problem areas and made the bike unstable under certain conditions

Now that is just silly ! , But i will say that my true initials are JS , but if i was , why would i be riding around on a 02 CRF450R and a 06 CRF450X and hanging out in Washington , kinda the wrong coast dont you think ?? , as well as i think i could afford new bikes and could find better things to do with all my free time than hang out here , besides i am doing/learning re-valving my own suspension , so if it was my Yamaha , i would already have it apart trying to figure out what the issue is

And Logic and Video proof have shown just the opposite as you claim !

But go ahead and believe what you want , and make up your own conclusions !

The Crash had EVERYTHING to do with him slowing down ,he was afraid the bike would do the same thing again ,he said that himself , and his average times were 1:20+ after the crash , not the slowest ,but below RV and Dungey and Reeds speed ,and that speed is nothing like the 1:15 he was doing which is most likely what set the shock off , that is the issue , the speed he can ride , is more than the bike can do without this issue , but the problem is , it can go that speed for 1 , 2 or 5 laps , then it kicks , it would most likely have to do with ambient temps as well as the heat generated in the shock by a rougher track , if one track is smoother the shock will not react or not react as quickly , there is no set time or circumstance that causes the rebound to change , it is most likely totally dependent on bike speed , track conditions and air temp

And it is a rebound issue , Yamaha even addressed this , that the changes from 10-11-12 have been with the rear shock and linkage as these were problem areas and made the bike unstable under certain conditions

if he hits something wrong and gets bucked off the JGR bike are you still going to blame the shock ? he already said the JGR bike is way better and you believe him ........... all the manufacturers improve the bikes year to year ,IMO IF Yamaha thought they had a bucking problem they would recall the bikes , there are plenty of really fast guys doing GP's and racing on very rough tracks( WITH NO COMPLAINTS) that would get the shock just as hot as JS can on a smooth SX track