Sign in to follow this  

01 CR125 CLUTCH not fylly releasing?

hi there the cr125 looks great and was just rebuilt. the problem is that it fells like it has no power or pull. you cant even get the front wheel off the ground.does anyone kno what could do this. and is there anyway to adjust the clitch other than on the lever and cable.i had this happin to me on my old 81 cr125. buy adjusting the clutch if fixed it. i tried adjuating the cable and nothing.does anyone have any imput for me. thanks cheers.

If the bike sat for a long time then the clutch plates could be stuck together. Also can happen if you got water in the clutch. I had a problem once when I overheated and a plate cracked.

Regardless, I suggest opening up the side cover and inspecting/making sure everything is in spec and moving freely...including the clutch basket for grooves...resoak everything in trans fluid and reassemble.

If the bike sat for a long time then the clutch plates could be stuck together. Also can happen if you got water in the clutch. I had a problem once when I overheated and a plate cracked.

Regardless, I suggest opening up the side cover and inspecting/making sure everything is in spec and moving freely...including the clutch basket for grooves...resoak everything in trans fluid and reassemble.

yea i figured it out man who ever put the clutch in put 2 steel plates together.they put the plates in the wrong order. i put im in right and now is awsome.