Sign in to follow this  

250F - need lights - MX bikes only

Which of the 250f MX bikes have aftermaket lighting coil options? Do any of the EFI models put out enough juice to power lights? Needing atleast 50watts.

Please no KTM suggestions and I'm only interested in MX bikes.

I think Steahly Off Road has all the Japanese bikes covered with lighting coil options.

Nope only CRF's and they'd be at the bottom off the list for me, well second, Yamaha is at the bottom. I'd consider a crf if the price was right. Would have to be really good price because they seem to have the worst resale value.

Most interested in the Kawi and Suzi, any opitions out there for them? Do the EFI have any spare juice?

The CRF250 has a stator that can rewound to put a light coil on it but not really a great modification to do to the motorcycle. You will get maybe 50 watts when wide open and then the light will dim when you chop the throttle. And forget about about a HID light. Your best bet with a MX bike is a battery system that is not tied in to the motorcycles stator. And with a battery set up you can have an HID and move the system to other bikes. Good luck.

i think he means no exc's xc's xc-w's...

No. I've been riding KTM's since 98' and would like to try something else, I like night racing and I prefer MX bikes.

I breifly had a CRF250R an 05' and it was a turd. Really like the motor in my current 250SXF but do not want to limit myself to just KTM's. I know KTM's well. I'm just exploring other options before I buy but as of now KTM is my option, unless someone knows something I don't and that's why I made this post...:busted: