Sign in to follow this  

New FASST Flex Bars

Installed these puppies last night

IMG_1021.jpg

Cant wait to try them out on Saturday.

Anybody want a set of Fat Bars with Cyrcra hand guards at a good price?

IMG_1023.jpg

605 CR High bend, comes with complementary left hand grip

I like mine...I think they help all my old age aches and pains :busted:

This is why I have been interested in these. I'm trying to work on getting in shape and being more flexible.... controlling pain.. It's easier said than done....also...

Like someone said already the price is hefty. What does this run? $300 or so?

and what height and bend did you get?

http://www.fasstco.com/moto/flexx/bends

Wow... It's more expensive than I remember. You pay for what you get I guess. I just have expansion foam shot in my handlebars and big progrip rally gel grips... maybe this gets in there for the next mod.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

HawaiiDR...there is a set on KTMTALK asking $200....I sold a used set for $150 a year ago...these have bark buster mounts which are a added bonus...they don't have the rebound bumpers. I don't know if I could tell much difference with or with out those. but you could always get them from Fasst.

I have the high enduro 10 degree bend...

here is a link...I don't know the guy ,but I have never had any trouble buying off the KTMTALK site and Ive bought and sold alot....

http://ktmtalk.com/pp_classifieds/showproduct.php?product=22493&cat=all

HawaiiDR here is a link to Third reefs post a couple of weeks ago

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1022707

I got the 14 deg windham bars, renthal kevlar 1/2 waffel grips safety wire and glue for $350 i think. The newer Flex bars have a fiber bushing in the pivot and do not need servicing, the older ones need to be disassembled occationally for lube. My son and i are going out to the woods tomorrow and will post a report. We will be in tight single track and i don not have hand guards on yet so i will need to take it easy in the trees.

HawaiiDR...there is a set on KTMTALK asking $200....I sold a used set for $150 a year ago...these have bark buster mounts which are a added bonus...they don't have the rebound bumpers. I don't know if I could tell much difference with or with out those. but you could always get them from Fasst.

I have the high enduro 10 degree bend...

here is a link...I don't know the guy ,but I have never had any trouble buying off the KTMTALK site and Ive bought and sold alot....

http://ktmtalk.com/pp_classifieds/showproduct.php?product=22493&cat=all

HawaiiDR here is a link to Third reefs post a couple of weeks ago

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1022707

Thanks for the heads up!!!! half the price is more than ok. I don't have to have everything scratch free. I have to look at what the high enduro 10 degree bend is. I am now running woodshi pro tapers on my cr and the stock Beta bars which I think are ktm bend. The next question relates to what thirdreef has touched on...what kind of maintenance? What should I look for/need to think about when buying? I know the handguards have to be the right ones...which handguards are good?. I'll check out those links now. Thanks again!! You recognize the fellow 50's age search for pain relieving mods don't you!!:busted: Gotta make use of every edge we can!!!:busted::bonk:

I guess this is going to take longer than I thought. Ktmtalk doesnt take my hotmail account to register and look at the classifieds. I'll revist this later... :lol:

I got the 14 deg windham bars, renthal kevlar 1/2 waffel grips safety wire and glue for $350 i think. The newer Flex bars have a fiber bushing in the pivot and do not need servicing, the older ones need to be disassembled occationally for lube. My son and i are going out to the woods tomorrow and will post a report. We will be in tight single track and i don not have hand guards on yet so i will need to take it easy in the trees.

Thanks for sharing! I gotta check out in the fasst cross reference section more about what the 14 degree windham bars are. I'll be looking forward to your ride report.:busted:

Hawaii the bars are not mine. My post was kInd of ramblIng.

I have the enduro hi , that was just answering your question

And I did sell a set. But the ones for sale are someone else

Sorry for confusion. I knew what I meant. : )

Contact the Admin at ktmtalk and tell him your not a spammer and you probably can use your hotmail addy

Hawaii the bars are not mine. My post was kInd of ramblIng.

I have the enduro hi , that was just answering your question

And I did sell a set. But the ones for sale are someone else

Sorry for confusion. I knew what I meant. : )

Contact the Admin at ktmtalk and tell him your not a spammer and you probably can use your hotmail addy

Thanks!! I get it now. I'll check it out .:busted::busted:

Went out and rode with my flex bars today. It was in single track with snow and puddles all over and about 40 deg. Not real great test but here goes. At first they seemed wierd, they are a different bend (14 deg Vs 15 Deg). They felt like the outer end of the bars was drooping. i think this was because i had my old bars rotated forward. After the initial impresion, we got going and they sort of make the front of the bike feel dead. My son sid the same thing when we traided bikes. After riding a while i noticed that all the square edge rocks, roots and logs seemed to be less of an issue. It makes the front end seem like the forks work soooo much better. My forks are set up for moto, so they are generally harsh in the woods, but not any more. My hands defenitely did not get as tired but the carpal tunnel was still kicking in especially because it was so cold. The renthal kevlar grips are awsom also. So i thenk they are worth every penny i paid for them. I am going to add the shims to the compression bushing that will raise the bar ends a little. Thursday hopefully i will go to the track and get a better test run. My bigest impresion is that they make my moto forks feel like they are set up for the woods.