Sign in to follow this  

2001 DR-Z400E good parts bike for 2009 DR-Z400SM?

Hi all,

I've been looking for dirt wheels for my bike and it looks like a basket case 400E may be the right option. The seller says it's leaking coolant into the bottom end...not sure how long it's been blown up but I bet the bottom end is rusted out. Can anybody confirm that the E has the same hubs as the SM and all I would need is some new brake discs and wheel spacers to make the wheels work on my bike? I'm pretty new to these bikes so I was wondering if an E this old would have an FCR carb as well.

I'm also curious what I could sell the frame and other leftovers for too.

Cheers, Steve

Do a search, these questions have been ask a hundred times. The answer are yes to everything. They are almost exactly the same bike.

As noted, in this particular forum, on a DRZ model as a dead design,, the answers are plentiful, with some search use you can self service anytime day or night.

Wheels are a direct fit, except brake disks…as you noted...

An E older than 2005 should have a FCR, it’ll also have an old FCR, which may or may not be in useable condition.

Used E frame is a small value.. lots of um out there and as in most states they cannot be used to title a bike,, much less value then a used S or SM frame. So you can sell t for a few $$ to some who wants to modify it for another ruse, or, build a DRZ form a pile of parts they have, or the like.

Hi all,

I've been looking for dirt wheels for my bike and it looks like a basket case 400E may be the right option. The seller says it's leaking coolant into the bottom end...not sure how long it's been blown up but I bet the bottom end is rusted out. Can anybody confirm that the E has the same hubs as the SM and all I would need is some new brake discs and wheel spacers to make the wheels work on my bike? I'm pretty new to these bikes so I was wondering if an E this old would have an FCR carb as well.

I'm also curious what I could sell the frame and other leftovers for too.

Cheers, Steve