Sign in to follow this  

96 rm250 sprocket gearing ????

helllo, i am wondering if i could change the sprocket gearing for more top speed, and if any of you have your rm250 geard for open trails or fields let me know what your gearing is, i have 13/46 and on gps i do 120kmh, without having it revving right out, im wondering if its got a little more with different gearing?? i wont be able to test it out until after the winter but id like to see what you guys think about gearing for speed, i do most of my driveing on dirt roads and fields and trails, , not to much at the mx track, any advice would be great thanks

I have a 98 rm 250 i have a 13 and a 51 i can do 100mph and still a hand full in the woods

:busted::lol::busted::lol: Seriously, 100 mph on a motocross bike. My 96 is 13/49 and tops out at 65 on gps.

:busted::lol::bonk::lol: Seriously, 100 mph on a motocross bike. My 96 is 13/49 and tops out at 65 on gps.

check this out my buddy has a 01 rm 250 with the same gears u have his bike is slow. ya ur right his does 65. but his bike is stock all but a fmf pipe.mine is far from stock and i know how fast my bike is. i had it clocked by a park ranger at st.joe state park 2 weeks after i bought it.so like i said its nasty fast

:busted:

a bike will only go as fast as it is geared. there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY youre going 100mph with 13/51 gearing. my 450 with a supermoto setup would do about 73 with that gearing, and it puts down 70hp. think before you speak, then still, please dont.

soo , since im going 120KMH on gps with my gearing now , should this probly be the most speed i can get and should i just keep it this way ? my bikes all stock except fmf fatty and fmf powercore2 ,

and also i wanted someones opinion on this, i needed crank bearings and a crank for my bike, it just let go last week or two, i didnt have any of the tools like flywheel puller case splitter, and bearing puller, so i was looking at spending over 300 i figure for a new crank/bearings/seals/ and the tools needed that i listed above, so instead on ebay i found a complete bottom end except without the stator assembly , and it has a fairly new hot rods crank and bearings in it , and its garanteed that the gears work and shift smooth and that the clutch is in great shape, i paid 310$ cdn for it, and also if im not satisfied with it i can return it within 30 days and just pay the return shipping, does anyone think that was a stupid move or a smart move? currently my bottom end has a few stripped bolts with bigger bolts to fit the thread, and the clutch slips sometime, and it needs complete crank kit, so aslong as the bottom end i orderd off ebay is to be as its explained to be i should have done a good deal i think.