Sign in to follow this  

Tire wear?

hello im wondering wat all of you guys do for tire changes i know the more serious racers chain out tires like breathing air but do you guys have a specific meausment or when it just starts feeling loose ive been for the most part going off of if the rear tire started out with 14mm tread i take it till it has 7-8mm and if the front had 12mm tread ill take it down to 7-8mm. obviously tires are cheaper than plaster but just wondering what ya guys do that are more on a budget? btw on a side note for a 250f track/trail is 100 or 110 better in the rear? (during winter)

I just look at it every so often. Generally i change twice a year if im lucky.But i only put about 35-40 hrs a year on my bike. I run Bridgestone 403/404 wich i like to think last a little longer.

No clue what the F is for

I ride woods ... I go by how the knobby edges looks, not how much knob is left. once they get rounded they're gone. Most new nobbys are 15/32s I seem to change them out around 11 or 12/32s. It can be tough when there is plenty of knob left but I'm 49, one good wipe out and I could be retired for life ... rubber is cheaper than plaster!!!

although I don't sweat the knobs when ridng a moto track ... but I only do that a few times a year. If I rode more of it I'd run them out longer