Sign in to follow this  

Scorpion Bay info?

I'm heading south in Feb. and was wondering what the latest info is on lodging in scorpion bay. Is there any word on the cantina or any other places for six riders to stay? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

the little store on the beach end of the pavement has rooms aka a motel,you bargain with the counter person below in the store for rates! we met Nate there a few years ago ,but he seems to have vanished,so san janico is no where near as fun as when myself and my canadian buddies stumbled upon it a few years back. but rippen' down south along the beach is still a hi-light of going there.

that casitas hotel use to be "Nate's" place. my son and I and our group of canadian bush riders stayed there in 2006. It wasn't a hotel then, just a friendly dude who put us up for the night, and treated us very well. I'd like to say thks again to Nate, but No one i talked to in san jaunico last feburary new/ or wanted to let on what/where Nate ended up? any one of you baja guy's know anything?

that casitas hotel use to be "Nate's" place. my son and I and our group of canadian bush riders stayed there in 2006. It wasn't a hotel then, just a friendly dude who put us up for the night, and treated us very well. I'd like to say thks again to Nate, but No one i talked to in san jaunico last feburary new/ or wanted to let on what/where Nate ended up? any one of you baja guy's know anything?

This is the place Nate ran when he was there http://scorpionbayclub.com/ , also very nice but more expensive and I'm not sure they rent to non members anymore.

Thanks for the info guys! GTBrian we will be down there the last week of jan thru first week of feb. Todd

I stayed at the Scorpion Bay Club last winter and can't wait to go back. It was really nice, I was the only guest there the day after Christmas, and slept on the nicest bed of my whole Baja trip. I think I paid about $80 for the night, but it was worth it. I shared a pot of chilli and a bottle of tequila with the manager.

http://www.facebook.com/scorpionbayclub if you do the facebook thing. I bought some gas from a jerry can gas station. It was reasonably priced and didn't give me any trouble.

There are 3 gas stations in San Juanico which are most always open. 2 siphon from the barrel and the newest station, Pancho Robles, has a pump! Pancho is at the end of the main paved road over the hill towards the light house.

As for lodging the three mentioned above are great options. 'Motel 7 Puntas' above the Lupitas grocery store is the least expensive. The Scorpion Bay Hotel does rent to non- members if they have rooms available. Other than those, there is the house behind the cantina on the point and a few palapas they rent. Contact ruben in San Diego for info. www.scorpionbay.net

Here is another link for house rentals. Jack and Angela have several rentals- www.scorpionbayrentals.com

Are you staying multiple days or just passing through?

I also have a house for rent. Have a great trip and let me know if I can help in any way.