Sign in to follow this  

whats the best year crf250R to buy?

I am going to play on some mx tracks, but it will be built to be more of an XC bike,

yes before you flame me I am one of the quad guys i race GNCC, some MX , do FMX and I have had time on R1's GSXR1k's and I had an R6 the short pipe one i bulit for the curves,man i miss that bike.

Anyways I take excellent care of my machines, if I just goof on for about 15-20 mins playing on my practice jumps i dont change the oil n filter but after every ride practice and race I do, after a hard practice or race I fill with oil drain and then do the oil change, its excessive but knock on wood never had an engine problem and I am sponsored by Amsoil and several other companies or places that sell what supplies I need.

I know the honda manual on the 250r and 450r crf bikes recommend check and i believe change the piston at a ridiculous short amount of time but i take care of my quads like very few.

I know they change things on the bikes each year or each 2 years, I am looking for one than I am not going to drop alot of cash in, I am in the midle of building my GNCC quad right now,

so which years03,04,05,06,07,08

Im looking to spend around 3500-4500 on the bike initially as I will have to put modifictions on the bike after i pick it up

well they didnt make a crf250 in 03.. only the 450. but if it was me i would buy a 05 or newer.. the 04 had issues that wernt sorted out until 05.

I would go with an 09, all you really need is a revalve and that bike will be amazing! How do i know? I own one, no problems besides jetting and valves. Some footpegs and handlebars are also good