Sign in to follow this  

California Submerged my bike in a Creek / oil question

So the other day i was riding and i submerged my wr250f in a creek to deep to be crossed. I kicked the water out and replaced the air filter / oil filter / oil / and spark plug. The oil was creamy colored (hence the water/oil mixed) but after replacing the oil with fresh oil, it was still very creamy colored and upon giving the bike gas, it dies everytime. It idles great. How many times do i need to run fresh oil in it to get out the water? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

The bike has crap in the carb, water in the oil doesn't have anything to do with it dieing when you give it gas. This isn't the right forum, but until they move it......here goes.

Get the bike up to temp a couple of times and change the oil. Once you can run it for 5-10 mins and the oil stays clear you know you've got all the water out of the crank case. The dieing issue has to do with the main jet being plugged......the idle is off of the pilot and sounds like it's clear with it being able to idle.....once you open the throttle the main comes into play and you are getting to much air and not enough fuel. Pull the carb and remove the jets, clean with lacquer thinner and flush the rest of the carb to remove any debris and water left over... Hope this helps.

I read this & tried it,works,1/2 paint thinner 1/2 oil ,warm it up,then drain,gets rid of water[white]fast.Paint thinner displaces the water,&it's a lube.You might have picked up something in the carb[mud],might want to clean it,pilot jet is a very tiny hole.

So the other day i was riding and i submerged my wr250f in a creek to deep to be crossed. I kicked the water out and replaced the air filter / oil filter / oil / and spark plug. The oil was creamy colored (hence the water/oil mixed) but after replacing the oil with fresh oil, it was still very creamy colored and upon giving the bike gas, it dies everytime. It idles great. How many times do i need to run fresh oil in it to get out the water? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you have water in the carb. Just a small amount of water traped in the carb will cause the bike to stall even though it will idle. Take the carb out and clean it out. Dont forget to clear all the breather/vent tubes.

for the water in oil. i buy some quarts of cheap automotive oil. and change it then run it to temp, then change it then run to temp. until the oil is clean. then put my, more expensive, dirtbike oil in.

i agree you probably have water in your carb. but i would try and drain the float bowel first, efore disassembling the carb. guess i'm just lazy. should be a drain plug or screw on the bottom of the bowel.

Be sure to clear your vent tubes or they will keep sucking in the moisture left in them. All the other posts above are spot on and will get you rolling again..Good luck. :busted: