Sign in to follow this  

carb adjustments????

Been playing with carb settings in attempt to make my pig run great. 2001 XR 650, stock kehin, why is my needle seat adjustable? accidentally spun it out while removing main jet. what is correct setting, does that defeat the clip positions if the seat moves? Any info will be greatly accepted. BTW from idle with a quick throttle snap, bike tries to die, Slow jet? If the throttle is slow rolled past the first 1/4 it responds great

Edited by Lenchmob

XR650 WHAT..........L or R.........putting your model and year in your sig line will get you more help...otherwise who knows which carb you have:bonk:

:busted:

B

Ah yes.... :banghead:2001, 650r un-corked. Thanks 4 the tip! Could prob get the info from a clymer, but thought id ask the bloody knuckle guys first.

guess that was a silly question or just cause im a newbie to the XR 650r i dont have any pull around this joint. Hopefully my next question will be up to the standards of this site.:busted:

Do i snug my needle jet holder up against my needle jet set, and then tighten the hex nut on the needle jet holder???

guess that was a silly question or just cause im a newbie to the XR 650r i dont have any pull around this joint. Hopefully my next question will be up to the standards of this site.:busted:

Do i snug my needle jet holder up against my needle jet set, and then tighten the hex nut on the needle jet holder???

Well i`d answer.......but i don`t have that carb.......not alot of activity arround here the last few days,,so wait a few.......nothing to do with being a noob........i answer if i can help:smirk:

If i had a pic of what you mean,,i likely can help..

B