Sign in to follow this  

does anyone here race marty tripes 100cc works revenge?

anyone race any of these races? i imagine its pretty fun, and i read up on the reasoning behind the 100cc limit. get those backyard mechanics and garage engineers tinkering with the bikes again. but the question....are you seeing any 4 strokes out there? no this is not a whats better than what, i just happen to have an old 86 XR100R sitting around, wondering if this is a good start, or if im going to be way behind the power curve with all those 2 strokes. anyways, i think this could be a really cool project if its something halfway decent to start with.

If you are truly limited to 100cc regardless of 2-smoke or 4-stroke, then your XR100 will be at the back of the pack unless you are a super rider and even then it will be tough with race prepped smokers! That is why in the '80s they came out with the 4-Stroke Nationals, because for equal displacent the Thumpers are lacking. Yes, they have a better torque/power curve, but with a Pro Racer that doesn't matter much, they are ALWAYS on the Power Curve!

Swiss