Sign in to follow this  

Alpinestars Tech 10 makeover

Tell me what you think. i still have some touch ups left to do.

Before:

226125_10150254474746556_605456555_7718151_4743201_n.jpg

After:

297771_10150350632066556_605456555_8335698_187166153_n.jpg

thanks man. i taped off the boot and sprayed them white. then i went back with an artists brush and did the black logo. the stripes are from a sticker kit.

Looks really good, definitely better. And i love your clock in the background!

NICE JOB!!!! Probably sparked some ideas for a lot of people!

thanks man. i taped off the boot and sprayed them white. then i went back with an artists brush and did the black logo. the stripes are from a sticker kit.

They look awesome but won't they get trashed after a couple of rides and the paint come off?

MAX!!!

the only part im concerned about is the leather part that started to crack (you can see in the pic) from the pivot point when moving my feet. i went back with oil based instead of latex and they seem to be much stronger but a weekend riding at the local track will tell the story. if it doesn't hold up ill try some leather paint that is specifically made for decorating boots and guaranteed not to crack. but thanks for the positive input guys! i was jealous of all the kids out there wearing their new 2011 style astars and decided i wanted some too! :busted:

I take it you don't powerwash your boots? I do, and I doubt that would ever hold up to it, trying to get the mud off.

^^^ They are awsome. I have read some people complain about "the break in process" and being uncomfortable, I don't know what they are talking about. When I got mine I submerged them in hot water and walked around in them while doing shit outside around my house. Mine are very comfortable. With that said the only other boot that I have ever worn to compare it to are the Thor Quadrant boots.

MAX!!!

Probably the most comfortable boot Ive ever worn. Submerged mine in hot water (wife's bath tub:smirk:) for 24 hrs as well and then wore them riding for about 30 mins while still wet... I do this with all my boots. No walking around in them and they fit like a glove, they were uncomfortable because they were wet but theyre great now!

If you use this method just rem to take your old boots and extra socks with you so you can change after that 30 mins. It works!