Sign in to follow this  

Potential Husky Owner needs your help, RE: 2007 TC 450

Hello everyone, I am currently a wr250f owner but I am really hoping to get into a husky, something about them i really like

i would rather get a TE 450, however around here in LA the TCs are usually cheaper not sure about the rest of the country

anyway i am going to go check out this husky this weekend and was hoping some of you with TCs or that know a lot about huskys can fill me in on KEY things to look at and inspect on this bike, ive bought bikes before so i know the general items to look for but i am hoping for some insider knowledge....

any info would be awesome!!! the TE is really out of my budget, $2500 max

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/2675037351.html

or

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/2675828393.html

bump?

i thought husky guys were pretty close knit...do i need to buy one before i get a response? :busted:

I have a '07 TC450, great woods bike when geared down, mucho power at all throttle positions, wheely king.

See how easy it is to start when cold, hard starting may indicate valves are out, check steering stem and swingarm bearings for play, neither were very well greased from the factory. Look for updated coolant Y pipe and carb vent filter, 2 necessary aftermarket additions.

Pretty much just check for the usual things that need maintenance on most dirt bikes, wheel bearings, brakes, air filter, etc.

Cheers,

Rick

Im on my 2nd Husky I had an 04 te450 Now I have a te610. The motors are tough everything inside the engine is well made. However I probably wouldnt want to buy if its had the motor rebuilt. The price seems a little low.