Cr 480 1883 restore

I just picked up a cr 480 1983 5 days ago, and I would like to restore it, it is in ok condition, thire is really no rust considering it has been sitting outside for the past 10 years. The bike was running before it was left outside, but 10 years of being outside the engine is now seised. We curently have a rust eating and lubricant mixture sitting in the cylinder, to get the piston loosened up. I was wondering how much it would cost to do a full restore on the bike?*

alot more than the bike is worth, so i hope you dont plan on making any money off of it other wise it seems like a good bike i almost picked one up but my dad was scared of me being on a 250 already and said "you already have too much power" lol

restrore price al depends on how in depth you want to get and what parts its going to need

alot more than the bike is worth, so i hope you dont plan on making any money off of it other wise it seems like a good bike i almost picked one up but my dad was scared of me being on a 250 already and said "you already have too much power" lol

restrore price al depends on how in depth you want to get and what parts its going to need

My dad and I are doing it as a hobby, we were thinking it will take $1500 to fix it up and make it look decent, the main thing we are concerned about is unseizing the engine. I am 15 and I have a crf 250 2008 and my dad has no problem with me driving a cr 480 around "as long as you respect the power" is all he is worried about.

Restore Projects can be great, but yes, depending on how deep you want to go with the project it can be very expensive and cost much more than the bike will be worth when your done. If your doing it for the experience and to have a cool vintage bike when your done then it will all be worth it. This is my current project www.kx125project.blogspot.com . Parts are hard to find and many things need to just either be made or repaired untill you can locate that perfect replacement. Often the search for the part is fun and rewarding when you actually find it. Good luck with the 480, it would be great if you would cronicle the project in a blog or somewhere that we can watch the project come together.

Enjoy.

Restore Projects can be great, but yes, depending on how deep you want to go with the project it can be very expensive and cost much more than the bike will be worth when your done. If your doing it for the experience and to have a cool vintage bike when your done then it will all be worth it. This is my current project www.kx125project.blogspot.com . Parts are hard to find and many things need to just either be made or repaired untill you can locate that perfect replacement. Often the search for the part is fun and rewarding when you actually find it. Good luck with the 480, it would be great if you would cronicle the project in a blog or somewhere that we can watch the project come together.

Enjoy.

Do you know a good website to post blogs?

Wow it's been a while just saw your post. We got the bike all fixed up aswell the transmission. Boy does that bike have power not only that it has the old 4 speed transmission. Sorry for the late reply... hope I didn't keep you waiting to long (4 years). Lol

Wow it's been a while just saw your post. We got the bike all fixed up aswell the transmission. Boy does that bike have power not only that it has the old 4 speed transmission. Sorry for the late reply... hope I didn't keep you waiting to long (4 years). Lol

Pics?