Sign in to follow this  

DR 250 carby help please before my head explodes!!

Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice on this peice of rubbish i bought a few weeks ago, cut a long story short I took the guys word for it that it worked and it don't. Been through the whole box and dice and im pretty sure it had something to do with the aftermarket carburetor he had on it ( Keihin MX series) as the plug was dry everytime even after cleaning all the jets ect. So anyway I purchased a genuine carb from a wreckers but when I got it the carb has a push / pull two cable type set up. My bike is a dr 250s ( australia) and from ther manual it looks like it is supposed to have two cable but my bike only has one plus the one that is on the bike appears a little too long by an inch or two...im guessing i need to get the two cable hand throttle assembley and cables to use this carb? Also the vacuum line is it the upper carb outlet? there are two very similar tube outlets on the oppostite side to the throttle cable, I assume the lower is fuel and the upper is vacuum? since this bike has been messed with so much can someone tell me where the vacuum line goes? do I need it or can I just plug it and what does it do anyway?

Cheers and thanks for any help you can give :busted:

Hey mate,what year model is your bike?is it a DOHC 4 valve or SOHC 4 valve engine?

Hey mate,what year model is your bike?is it a DOHC 4 valve or SOHC 4 valve engine?

its a 92 model, it says on the plate DR250s and it has the valves on the head at the top.

Cheers