Sign in to follow this  

Fork Fluid For RMZ450

Hi, i want to change my fork fluid and was wondering what is the stock fluid Suzuki use in there 450s, i want to try the lightest oil i can get. any suggestions?

use a 2.5 light oil , showa ss-25 fluid if you want or motorex . i use always maxima 5 w

but if you want a little soft fork on little bump use 2.5 . remember the light oil make more difference on low speed. if you like your bike full out on compression click it s the right choice.also put 5w maxima

I agree, I use maxima 5 wt in my rmz and ny kxf. Good oil and all around weight. Great for the woods. Card199, does the 2.5 make the forks even softer/plusher? Would that be better for me than the 5wt? I ride woods and race some HS here and there. And I like my suspension soft anyway, I never hit any bog jumps, just rocks, roots, and washouts!

I'd stay with a 5w in the cartridge, outer doesn't matter as much (using atf there)

tried running redline zero weight once with visions of super plush highspeed action, the clickers ended up basically having no effect, been using 5w since.

posted: Card199, does the 2.5 make the forks even softer/plusher? Would that be better for me than the 5wt? I ride woods and race some HS here and there. And I like my suspension soft anyway, I never hit any bog jumps, just rocks, roots, and washouts!

yes 2.5 helped a little for plushness but not more on hs

Whats an easy way to drain the forks and fill em back up? Or a way a novice tuner like myself can handle doin it? I've never taken forks apart in my life, I;ve never even taken them off the bike!

search a you tube video "how change fork oil" it s easy but if you think you are not be able, don t make the work and call a tuner.remember if you dont rebuilt right the fork it s

dangerous for your life.