Sign in to follow this  

94 YZ125 Opinions

Im looking at a 94 YZ125 for $500. Is this a good deal? It runs good, good compression, shifts well and appears to be in decent overall condition for its age, but no idea of the bikes history or engine rebuilds, it has had a few owners.

Any opinions on the bike in general? Good deal? things to look out for besides the normal wear parts?

I will be using this bike for general recreational use, nothing too serious.

Thanks

I had one as a buddy bike for a while, although I put more time on it than anyone else did. Being a little older, it was still a good bike and handled decent. I'm not aware of any problems. The only item I replaced other than fork seals and drive was a cracked/rotted intake boot.

Im also looking at a 99 CR125, in very good condition for $850. My real dilemma is whether or not to go with the more expensive CR125 in better shape, or get the cheaper YZ and spend the $350 on good gear (first dirtbike), but potentially have more headaches with the YZ down the road. Advice?

It's really worth saving your money and getting something that is somewhat worth your time and not from the stone age. At least within the past decade.