Sign in to follow this  

05 CRF250R 2,500-3,000ft. elev. Jetting for Dove Springs/ Cal City

Hey guys need to re-jet my daughter's bike and need some insight and direction. It will start on a cold engine with no choke, and will smoke fuel out the exhaust when you hit the throttle off of idle. The bike came from Huntington beach and the guy that owned before only ran tracks that were sea level to 1,500 ft. so I'm under the impression that the jetting needs to be leaned out. I presuming that the jetting is stock. Stock main is a 172#, the stock slow jet is a 42# and the jet needle is a NCYQ with the clip in the stock setting. I do not want to change the jet needle, just clip position during re-jet. So if any of you guys out there have a dialed in jet setting I would really appreciate your suggestions and advice. Thanks,

Hey guys need to re-jet my daughter's bike and need some insight and direction. It will start on a cold engine with no choke, and will smoke fuel out the exhaust when you hit the throttle off of idle. The bike came from Huntington beach and the guy that owned before only ran tracks that were sea level to 1,500 ft. so I'm under the impression that the jetting needs to be leaned out. I presuming that the jetting is stock. Stock main is a 172#, the stock slow jet is a 42# and the jet needle is a NCYQ with the clip in the stock setting. I do not want to change the jet needle, just clip position during re-jet. So if any of you guys out there have a dialed in jet setting I would really appreciate your suggestions and advice. Thanks,

Need to know condition/type of pipe, and airbox.

If you are un-corked, you need the NCVS Needle. Different taper, and richer.

The stock needle is way too lean, and very little taper.

The stock main on an X is a 142.

How does it run after it is completely warmed up and actually being ridden and not just revved on the stand? This is the only really good way to decide if a jetting change is in order. The manual only suggests changing the main jet with your altitude change compared to the previous owner. However this is not set in stone. Temperature change will also impact jetting.