Sign in to follow this  

Good Idea?? Trade 09yz 125 for 11 crf 450

For those of you who are about to tell me how great fourstrokes or 2t are save it plz.. Not the topic. Do Yall think its a good deal to trade my 2011 crf 450 for a 09 yz 125 and he would give me about 3300$ the YZ has been rode hard but is in good shape and the guy maintains it very well. I am in the market to buy a 125 2t for cornering practice and will get a big bike again in a few months after i save up some more. Am i about to get ripped off? or is this a good deal?? Is the YZ worth about 3000 bc the Point is to get close to 6200 for my 450. In 2 months will the YZ actually sell for close to what i get it for or will i have to give it away to get it out of my garage??

In short, it sounds like a good deal but I don't think it's worth it. You could find a good used 125 for less then 3k and keep you 450. Unless you planning buying new or financing, you won't find a 2011 for 3k anywhere. Just reverse the situation. A 09 YZ 125 worth about 2500 or less and 3k for a 2011 450 worth closer to 6k. Keep your bike and look for a good 125 for 2k

I wouldnt trade, like pumpkine said you can find plenty of used yz125 for sale for less than 3000

I wouldn't do it. Look around I've found two 06+ yz 125's for less than $2000 but to be honest I don't think you'll get $6200 for the 450 either.