Sign in to follow this  

Zip Ty Racing in 2012??????????????

Any one heard if Zip Ty Racing will have a Husky Team in 2012?

I stopped there to pick up my bike and saw NO NEW 2012 bikes being preped

for the 2012 season.Then when I asked whats up for next year no one would commit to a answer.So I then went and asked a few of there ridders and all they would say is we hope so we are working on it.

I sure hope so Ty and the Zip Ty Racing Team have worked hard these last few years to make Husky a up and comming force.I know of no one out here on the west coast where Husky now has there main office.That would or could do a better job of promotting Husky at all the different types of races the team goes to.

Out here I have found many a Husky Dealer that will sell you a bike ,but if you need help dialing it in there is only one place to get a answer.

I sure hope they have a Team for next year.Anyone know more

Didn't a couple riders leave the team this past season? It seems riders can't come to terms with the 449 platform for that type of racing.

Didn't a couple riders leave the team this past season? It seems riders can't come to terms with the 449 platform for that type of racing.

That might be true. So who fault is that.That is what they have to work with.

No one on the East coast is asked to race a 449 or 511.Most of all the Husky teams both here in the USA and in Europe race all the other bikes Husky has BUT the new 449/511.Lets see Zip Ty has had some very good results with the new bike better then any other team that is useing it.Lets see Zip Ty has had good results with the TC 250 the bike most magazine companies said was no good. When they got to race the 300 they did well also .I think they won the 24 hour race at Glen Helen a few years back on the 300 2 stroke,and even one of there so called racers who left to race a Kaw asked to come back this year to race the 2 stroke National so as to defend his # 1

plateON A HUSKY Maybe Husky should rethink the 449/511 or work with the one and only team here in the USA who does race one

Nothing is forcing ZipTy to race the 449. They could race the 310 or 250, both of which did extremely well in Europe this year (both are championship bikes).

Personally, I think the 449 is fine. I think they had the wrong riders. Some of the replacements are beating former ZipTy riders on their old Husky mounts.

Any exposure for Husky is great, I just wish Ty wouldn't modify the bikes quite so much. It may make a potential buyer think that the stock components weren't good enough.

i think it is entirely possible that BMW-Husky Is telling zip-ty to race the 449-511. unless you have asked ty, you really don't know. I do know that requests to the factory for parts that have been developed by the teams in europe, have been denied him. he is pretty much on his own to develop the bike.....

i think it is entirely possible that BMW-Husky Is telling zip-ty to race the 449-511. unless you have asked ty, you really don't know. I do know that requests to the factory for parts that have been developed by the teams in europe, have been denied him. he is pretty much on his own to develop the bike.....

Was Europe ever asked?

As you know Husqvarna North America controls everything and neither Zip-Ty nor FAR have direct access to the Factory in Italy.

If Zip-Ty requested factory parts it would have gone through Husqvarna North America... the bigger question is..... did Husqvarna North America ever ask for help from the factory Italy?

My understanding was Husqvarna North America wanted everything sourced from American supplyers in Southern California... which is one of the reasons there still isn't an Amercan version of the Husqvarna hard parts catalog.

My guess is Husqvarna Italy was never asked for help by Husqvarna North America.

Just a thought. :busted:

Was Europe ever asked?

As you know Husqvarna North America controls everything and neither Zip-Ty nor FAR have direct access to the Factory in Italy.

If Zip-Ty requested factory parts it would have gone through Husqvarna North America... the bigger question is..... did Husqvarna North America ever ask for help from the factory Italy?

My understanding was Husqvarna North America wanted everything sourced from American supplyers in Southern California... which is one of the reasons there still isn't an Amercan version of the Husqvarna hard parts catalog.

My guess is Husqvarna Italy was never asked for help by Husqvarna North America.

Just a thought. :busted:

It is time for you to stop with the infantile obsession with and unfounded accusations of HuskyNA. You sir are no longer in the loop and it just sounds like sour grapes and erratic raving. I ask you how that promotes the brand as you try to say is your primary motive. Please take your ball and go home.

Lets hope this is not true, Ty and crew are some of the nicest hard working race teams I have met. Ty himself is one of the most grounded and forward thinking dudes in the gig. Would be a big loss for husky IMHO. Like Summers he is a great guy and needs to stay on the team please.

Very consistent with what I have heard as well.

It is time for you to stop with the infantile obsession with and unfounded accusations of HuskyNA. You sir are no longer in the loop and it just sounds like sour grapes and erratic raving. I ask you how that promotes the brand as you try to say is your primary motive. Please take your ball and go home.

Nope... that's right... I'm not no longer in the North American loop.

Then again I know a lot more than what I'm posting... and what I posted in the above post #7 has a lot of merit if you think about it.

Maybe you should ask the Factory?

JustSayen.

Nope... that's right... I'm not no longer in the North American loop.

Then again I know a lot more than what I'm posting... and what I posted in the above post #7 has a lot of merit if you think about it.

Maybe you should ask the Factory?

JustSayen.

Um no Dale ya don't, no merit here what so ever. One of Simo's gripes was he was riding production bikes and lead to believe he would be given factory support while riding in NA for Husky. That didn't happen and he was way off the curve for GNCC style racing, GP format is his forte.

Representatives from both ZipTy and FAR have been in the factory regularly and FAR's main mechanic is Wyatt Seals who is the HSQ NA eastern region's technical service representative who has a direct line to Italy, as in cell and office numbers with regular visits to the factory,......doesn't get more direct then that.

Italy want's 100% control of their racing development and not going to spend money on VISA's and payroll to have one of their wiseguys controlling the racing support and development in NA. So HSQ NA is racing on a distributor level,......there's a whole bunch more to it then this but not my place to be airing everyone's dirty laundry,........ahem Dale :busted:

Um no Dale ya don't, no merit here what so ever. One of Simo's gripes was he was riding production bikes and lead to believe he would be given factory support while riding in NA for Husky. That didn't happen and he was way off the curve for GNCC style racing, GP format is his forte.

Who lead Simo to believe he was going to be getting factory equipment?

Representatives from both ZipTy and FAR have been in the factory regularly and FAR's main mechanic is Wyatt Seals who is the HSQ NA eastern region's technical service representative who has a direct line to Italy, as in cell and office numbers with regular visits to the factory,......doesn't get more direct then that.

Bingo!... Maybe that's why FAR is having much better results than the west coast race team and why was ZipTys request for factory help turned down?

Italy want's 100% control of their racing development and not going to spend money on VISA's and payroll to have one of their wiseguys controlling the racing support and development in NA. So HSQ NA is racing on a distributor level,......there's a whole bunch more to it then this but not my place to be airing everyone's dirty laundry,........ahem Dale :busted:

Ummm... ok you said enough to support my points. :busted:

There you go HR. Direct knowledge of the situation that refutes your whiny, pissed, little boy ravings.

Actually it supports it even more :busted:

Like I said I saw no new bikes being preped for next year.Heck there are even races

during Nov and Dec where the new bikes could be tested.First WORC race is like Jan 12 and then the following weeken is the first National Hare and Hound.If Husky does have a plan they better hurry,it just does not seem like Husky has things in order for 2012

Who lead Simo to believe he was going to be getting factory equipment?

Bingo!... Maybe that's why FAR is having much better results than the west coast race team and why was ZipTys request for factory help turned down?

Ummm... ok you said enough to support my points. :busted:

You sure are making a lot of ASSumptions, twist it however you'd like but you're way off the marque (mispelled on purpose) :busted:

Thanks for the insight and thoughtful post with facts. Racing is volatile with tons of different elements to it. Lots of info we don't have so speculating on a web forum is kinda silly and shooting in the dark. If they let Ty and team go I'm sure there are plenty of reasons both good and ridiculous. I'm sure there are several sides to this story. If Axaj's first hand knowledge is true it is a sad day for Husky / Ty. Meeting him several times I can attest to the greatness of that crew. Good people for sure. If the husky / Ty team comes to pass I;m sure someone will snap up his amazing efforts and thoughtful team. Even at the very top of SX/MX you see this stir-up happening all the time. Not really signs for alarm just refocusing and hoping for the best. Will be interesting to see what transpires in the next few weeks / months.

"One of Simo's gripes was he was riding production bikes and lead to believe he would be given factory support while riding in NA for Husky. That didn't happen and he was way off the curve for GNCC style racing, GP format is his forte."

I can't disagree with the first part on the Factory Bikes and support part. The GP is his forte, not so simple.... Multi time champion in a German series patterned after GNCC. Granted the races are shorter (2 hours instead of 3) and I assume the courses are a little less rough and more wide open. I was suprised when Simo commented on how tight the first GNCC's were! Compared to enduro and other east coast HS's, GNCC is wide open. It also seemed strange to put him on the TXC250 or TE310, as all his success came on the BMW G450X. Logic would say that a TC or TXC449 would have been a good choice for Simo. I guess marketing and simplifying support for FAR, had something to do with it.

"One of Simo's gripes was he was riding production bikes and lead to believe he would be given factory support while riding in NA for Husky. That didn't happen and he was way off the curve for GNCC style racing, GP format is his forte."

I can't disagree with the first part on the Factory Bikes and support part. The GP is his forte, not so simple.... Multi time champion in a German series patterned after GNCC. Granted the races are shorter (2 hours instead of 3) and I assume the courses are a little less rough and more wide open. I was suprised when Simo commented on how tight the first GNCC's were! Compared to enduro and other east coast HS's, GNCC is wide open. It also seemed strange to put him on the TXC250 or TE310, as all his success came on the BMW G450X. Logic would say that a TC or TXC449 would have been a good choice for Simo. I guess marketing and simplifying support for FAR, had something to do with it.

I'm pretty sure Simo had in his mind riding a true Meo replica (aka '12 TXC310 with the newest cylinder head and factory mapping/tweaks) Instead FAR/HSQ NA tried to make one out of a TE and Simo did use his custom suspension he brought with him. Jason just finished out the season nicely on a basically production TXC250, so a production bike can win as there are very little "works" bikes of any manufacturer used in GNCC racing as a whole.

Norman Like I said before as for the Husky 449/511 I think there is only

1 team in the USA that races it. The Zip Ty Team I personally have never seen any other one at a race with one since it came out. The Zip Ty Team has won a few races on it too like the Tecate Enduro overall,even the VCMC enduro at the Ranch the same day as the National Dealer meeting that should have been something special for Husky.The team has even won a WORC race on one and Nic Burson has won another # 1 plate in USDR desert racing one.I just do not understand why a Husky support Team does not have new bike sitting in the shop getting ready for 2012.

It just does not look good there is no other way I see it. But Husky must have a plan ,just hope it is a good one.

I think Husky and Ty will stay together. It's just the deal that Scot Harden and Mark Brady gave him a couple of years ago, doesn't match up to the economic realities of today. This is just hard ball renegotiating of the deal.

John, the east coast has a few places where top level racing happen in the Winter.... GNCC's in Florida and Georgia, as examples.