Sign in to follow this  

kx 100 lag

its getting cold here and my bikes not wanting to run good. in this cold weather is there any thing i can do. to solve this problem.

i let it warm up completely

o and it dosent get in to the upper power pand

its getting cold here and my bikes not wanting to run good. in this cold weather is there any thing i can do. to solve this problem.

i let it warm up completely

o and it dosent get in to the upper power pand

I kinda have a similar issue sometimes with my 85, are you letting the bike warm up well enough? try not to don't dog the little ones (65-100 2 strokes) they can be really picky when you ride them cold.

How old is the bike? Is it new or used? Do you ride it hard?

i let it warm up for 3 to 5 mins. the bike has 25 hours on the top end

and i ride it kinda slow for a wile then i ride it hard

and my plug is tan

It sounds like your treating the motor nicely, even though the top end is fairly new, what year is the bike?

If it's just on top end, you should try going up a size on your main jet. A lot of times you can fix the bottom/mid range with the air screw and needle, but with a big enough temperature change, that will need some brass attention too.

Cooler air contains more oxygen, and since oxygen is the main catalyst of combustion, more oxygen in cooler air effectively leans out your fuel/air mixture. Richen it up a bit (small increments at a time), and I bet you'll find your power coming back to you.

Does that bike have a flat slide or round slide carb?

Flat slide should be close to a 45 pilot needle 2nd from top and maybe a 140 should still run with a 138 depends on what ratio oil you're running. How much compression does the motor have?

hey guys im new here. my mate had the same problem a few years back, it can get cold up here too and he didnt have a shed. has a habit of excess strain on such high revving motors like these.on initail start up the oil is thicker at lower temperature.he ended up finding some site that told him it was the motor and transmission oil. it has a tenancy to slightly solify at times especially the transmission fluid. he after trying all this other stuff he went down a grade lower both and she flew. hope that helps for you too

If it's been awhile since you've been in the carb I'd pull it off and clean passages. This ethanol fuel creates a white gel after sitting, it could be as simple as that.

Try and find somewhere that sells fuel without the ethanol around you, you can search it on the net.

If your sure it's clean and good to go, then it's a given to richen it up.