Sign in to follow this  

Engine plugs on left side of engine what do they do?

i have red pro circuit plugs in my engine on my 07 kx250f on the left side. are they connected to anything? i want to buy some blue ones because in between my blue rear shock and blue cv4 hoses id figure id do a green blue color scheme and not have 4 different colors. what is their purpose? and if i were to swap them out i would need to drain my oil first correct? if so ill do it during my next oil change. thanks

the large one covers your crankshaft end bolt and the smaller one allows viewing the timing marks. They are not attached to anything. Change them to what ever color you like.

CoKTM

Dude u have an 07 250f and you dont know what those are.. that means you dont know how to check the valves.. u might wana do some research before you blow that thing up.

i have a mechanic lmfao i do everything on my bike except suspension and engine

Aren't those the two items that make up the bike? :busted:

So, you can put on some graphics and change your grips.

Don't dog the kid. He's trying to learn. They should be the covers to cover the timing mark and the crank bolt to rotate the engine. No you don't have to drain the oil to change them out. If you start the bike without those in then oil will spray everywhere. Look for some that are of descent material. Some cheap ones can round out and be a pain to remove.

lol u need one if ur on a 250 that old

whats wrong with a 2007 bike? seriously, little has really changed in the last 5 years of bikes, just tweaks and bolt ons. Refresh it every year and its just as good as a brand new bike

I have a kx450 from 2007. Nothing wrong with it at all. BUT a 250f from 5 years ago that has been ridden regularly every season will have went through several top-ends and several valve jobs, because it is a kx 250f and it revs to the moon.

Theres nothing wrong with it at all, just stating the obvious need for a mechanic.

The comment was more because the kids like "i got a mechanic hahaha" one could imply that hes above performing maintenance because hes so good hes got mechanics, or wealthy and has mechanics, BUT in reality hes on an old ass bike and dudes with "mechanics" generally ride 2011 or 2012 bikes and dont pay for much because of their skill set.

im sure hes just a kid with a bike. When he needs it fixed he takes it to a local shop. Not everyone likes to or knows how to do engine work on their own bikes. I bet most on this board do, but kids generally dont.

i do tires, chains, oil changes, carburater( probably spelled it wrong)jets and other basic stuff i just dont open up the engine or the shocks. and i have a really good mechanic down the street from where i practice thats cheap and real friendly.

I have a kx450 from 2007. Nothing wrong with it at all. BUT a 250f from 5 years ago that has been ridden regularly every season will have went through several top-ends and several valve jobs, because it is a kx 250f and it revs to the moon.

Theres nothing wrong with it at all, just stating the obvious need for a mechanic.

The comment was more because the kids like "i got a mechanic hahaha" one could imply that hes above performing maintenance because hes so good hes got mechanics, or wealthy and has mechanics, BUT in reality hes on an old ass bike and dudes with "mechanics" generally ride 2011 or 2012 bikes and dont pay for much because of their skill set.

i wasnt saying it like that just his seriousness like that he expected that everyone does there own rebuilds. and how hard is it to believe that someone with an 07' which really isnt that old to have someone work on them? and to Ronus i have taken apart engines before im not a pro at it but if i take my time i can do its just that im 15 and my dad works alot and needs the garage for his business so dont have the time or the space really.

its good to have a good mechanic. Honestly though the point before the whole thread got way outta hand was that its actually pretty darn easy to check your valves, and it should be dont pretty frequently. You dont really a have to tear into the motor to do it. It should be just as regular of maintenance as changing oil and cleaning filter.

Then if you find out they are tight, you can take it to your mechanic down the street to have them shimmed. Bike will run better and last longer.

i wasnt saying it like that just his seriousness like that he expected that everyone does there own rebuilds. and how hard is it to believe that someone with an 07' which really isnt that old to have someone work on them? and to Ronus i have taken apart engines before im not a pro at it but if i take my time i can do its just that im 15 and my dad works alot and needs the garage for his business so dont have the time or the space really.

so its exactly as i said. You are a kid and dont take yoru own engines apart. i was sticking up for you. Other people were calling you a rich elitest 'got my own mechanic' guy.

Its all good bro, as long as you like to wring that throttle, your a - ok in my book.

its good to have a good mechanic. Honestly though the point before the whole thread got way outta hand was that its actually pretty darn easy to check your valves, and it should be dont pretty frequently. You dont really a have to tear into the motor to do it. It should be just as regular of maintenance as changing oil and cleaning filter.

Then if you find out they are tight, you can take it to your mechanic down the street to have them shimmed. Bike will run better and last longer.

+1 :busted: