Sign in to follow this  

could this be right?

On my daughters CRF150R I just put new rings, new head, lapped the valves they seat good, new shims, rebuilt the carb installed new jets and it wont start. It has good spark. It looks to me like no fuel is getting to the cylinder but gas is in the carb. Spark plug is dry. Can that be true? How do I fix it?

On my daughters CRF150R I just put new rings, new head, lapped the valves they seat good, new shims, rebuilt the carb installed new jets and it wont start. It has good spark. It looks to me like no fuel is getting to the cylinder but gas is in the carb. Spark plug is dry. Can that be true? How do I fix it?

How did you time the cams? Do you have a manual?

I have a manual, lined up all of the marks. I needed to lap the valves. I replaced the head, the manual even shows lapping the valves. I am going to install the next smaller shim on the intake side. The clearance is in spec but on the tight side. When my 450 wont start it is usually the valves.

adjusted valves measure perfect now but still would not start. I took the air cleaner off & shot some starter fluid & it started adjusted idle & air srew now it starts good. A little bog from idle though.

My girlfriends 07 150rb is jetted 45 pilot 140 main. Starts pretty good. But her carb was modded by Tokyo Mods. Not sure what they did though. One thing I learned about starting her bike is that it likes to have the throttle held open ever so slightly while kicking. Probably means that the pilot circuit is a little rich but she doesnt care so I leave it alone.

Took of the air filter & shot in some starter fluid and it started. I just needed to get it started once I did it ran great. Just adjusted air screw & idle once it was running.