i got a- 72 250 xl - to sell - complete bike have title

and keys - never crashed or used much about 62000

miles bad stator that i know of may be other stuff

bad wiring and cables -

but dont know what money to ask need some help on this

as what to be a fair price -----------------------------------------

*** this posting is NOT a offer for bids so please NO OFFERS

blessing ----- bob knab -------------------------------------------

Hmm bob for something with not used much then how come you have 62,000 miles that lot of miles that mean it pettey wean out motor.

You didn't posted a picture of it so $10 to maybe up $300 it depend on what really look like.

it is worth $250.00 to $500.00 at the very most. Wiring problems means a new harness, often they are hacked beyone repair. Cables are no biggie, yet your looking at at least a hundred bucks or a bit more to replace them all. A stator - New old stock, when you can find one, 300 bucks. Or take your chances on one on ebay or find which part of the stator is bad and replace that stator coil only. The stators were pretty hearty on these with usually the lighting coil being the only one to go bad. Chances are it is the ignition coil and not the one on the stator. Add to all of this the possibility of a top end job, tires, tubes, brakes ? the more cost goes - the value goes down.

Just because they are old and sought after does not make them worth alot of money. If your looking to make something out of it, put some in it. Otherwise she is just another ol sideport in need of alot of TLC.

Now - if you did a "working resto" top end (if needed) all new cables, tires, sprockets, chain, deep cleaned, painted and polished, then your talking anywhere from 1,500 -2,500 dependent upon your degree of restoration.

A completele restoration, engine gone through, pwoder coated frame, new paint, wheels relaced, etc etc etc 5,500 - 6,500.

I have a couple of 72's, one all original, the other a working bike, 32mm Mikuni on it, xlintperformance top end with JE piston, all new tires cables chain, sprockets, original paint in decent condition, knee dent in right side of tank and it has been valuated at 2,000- 2,300. The Mikuni make them into easy starters and really wakes up the bike. It pulls very good for a 250. Nearly as hard as my 72 Suzuki TS250 Savage, and for the old heavy beast that says alot.

Edited by Motosprtman

Thanks much -------------------------------

i am going to want $ 475 .00 for this bike

with the title and all the good parts i dont

think it would take much to get it running ill

try to post some phots -------------- bob