Sign in to follow this  

TCX 250 slow?

I'm considering picking up a leftover TXC 250 all the reviews say they handle great but are slow. As B class rider am I really go to notice? I'm riding a WR300 now that I will probably keep. Any thoughts?

I bet you will love it. My 2010 tc250 make power comparable to yzf250 but handles way better than any bike I have ridden it corners well. The power comes on very smooth which make it seem slow but getting great traction. I race mx with mine but for off road bike in tight stuff I think it would be great. Mine is 10 with carb and 11 are efi not sure if there is big difference.

What year? To some they feel slow but many have no issues hanging with anything. Buddy Jake did real well at Mx on his against all size bikes (age class) I have a TC250 and buddy has a TE310, great bikes. Get it.

Edited by Ride

i dont think they are slow.look at the results with the husky gncc riders.not as fest as you 300 tho.dan

I am looking at an 2011. I am sure I wouldn't be pushing it to its potential just ever review says it's slow.

Mag reviews seem like they are all written for pro riders and not real world people like us. If you can go on a little test ride would be best. a lot of my riding buddys have 450f and I keep up ok on my 250f or 144 2 stroke I would be slower on a 450f just to much power that hard to control and hard to corner to much power can be evil.

I had a 2010 TXC and now have a 2010 CRF 250r. I got frustrated with the bog on the TXC. Out of the box the CRF is a good bit stronger. I rode a 2010 TXC with the JD Tuner and the power was very close to the CRF. I heard that a after market exhaust also adds quite a bit to the TXC. I prefered the TXC chassis,e-leg and sixth gear. Both great bikes but wish I would have kept the TXC. It is a better all round package that needs very little to go from very good to great.

I've ridden a few other brands of 250's since getting a TXC 250 a few months ago...KTM, CRF, WR. I seem to have a love/hate relationship with the TXC right now. Out of the box it had a bog, but a JD Jet kit took care of that. The '08 I have deflects a lot... I nick named my bike " The Deflectecon". If I can get that sorted out I may keep the bike. I like the chassis and the way it turns.... better than the CRF and WR. The new TXC's have better suspension than my '08. I may invest in one more revalve...if that doesn't fix it mine will be for sale. If it does fix it I have a great bike for about $500 bucks in additional add ons. The jury is still out at the moment on mine.

Depending on where in MN you are and how much riding season we have after hunting season, you could try my 11 TE 250. The TXC has a racier state of tuned engine but my TE should be close after I get the JD tuner dialed in. I think its a bit on the lacking side for MX but not woods riding unless your pro.