Sign in to follow this  

Tank Foam

Not going to knock it, but the XR tank is small enough. I can't afford to give up any space for a "bit better" handling.

However, the product sounds solid in concept and I am sure it works well.

It takes up 1% of space Holmes and I'm running the IMS 3.2 so I have 3.168L. You with the stocker will have 9.99l so it's a worry.:busted:

Cheers HTH.

So after 10+ years in the tank it should still be just as it was the day it was put in?

that's the catch. i've read where several guys have had them start to break down after a year or so. a good inline fuel filter would be a must for me if i were to run the foam.

So after 10+ years in the tank it should still be just as it was the day it was put in?

I'll let you know man but don't wait up.

Edited by weskc35k

It doesn't seem like it would be that big of an ordeal to get the cubes out of the tank if/when you start seeing signs of degradation. I dont see that much of a problem with fluid sloshing in my tank... it is simply the weight of the load that I notice. Would adding it make it harder to see your fuel level? It seems like it would.

Dunno though... adding it may help tremendously. It's not like coating the inside of your tank with some mystery crud that you can't get out. If it turns out to be a bust.

It doesn't seem like it would be that big of an ordeal to get the cubes out of the tank if/when you start seeing signs of degradation. I dont see that much of a problem with fluid sloshing in my tank... it is simply the weight of the load that I notice. Would adding it make it harder to see your fuel level? It seems like it would.

Dunno though... adding it may help tremendously. It's not like coating the inside of your tank with some mystery crud that you can't get out. If it turns out to be a bust.

I rode a CRF450R in a 6 hour with the tank foam and it was the best thing i'd ever ridden.

compression braking was way more stable,airborn it was easier to hit a landing rut,rebound was more constant.

We swapped back to the stock tank and rode the track the day after and believe me the CRF's are mighty anyway but with the foam it suited me very much.

Less fatigue for ME.

So a big bike like the XR SHOULD respond well.

If it suits me it'll stay in the tank if not it'll be deep sixed.

Edited by weskc35k
speeeling

I rode a CRF450R in a 6 hour with the tank foam and it was the best thing i'd ever ridden.

compression braking was way more stable,airborn it was easier to hit a landing rut,rebound was more constant.

We swapped back to the stock tank and rode the track the day after and believe me the CRF's are mighty anyway but with the foam it suited me very much.

Less fatigue for ME.

So a big bike like the XR SHOULD respond well.

If it suits me it'll stay in the tank if not it'll be deep sixed.

Sounds good. What about checking the fuel level? It seems that you wouldnt be able to see the level (unless you have a white/natural tank)

Sounds good. What about checking the fuel level? It seems that you wouldnt be able to see the level (unless you have a white/natural tank)

IMS 3.2 champ in white.:busted:

IMS 3.2 champ in white.:busted:

My red Clarke wouldnt work so well... you cant see fuel level from the outside. :busted:

Or, if you don't need 4 or 5.7 gallons of gas, just put less gas in it.

Update.

This stuff works.

Went riding and the front end handled better than it ever had even with the Dunlop 742FA up front which is not my favourite tyre..

It took me till I had a look at my fuel situation. I had forgotten about the tank foam.

The bike feels 20 lbs lighter,BUT i now can't see my fuel level so there's a trade off.

But I like it so it's staying in there.

how bout a bladder that inflates to take up empty space. you fill the tank, put the cap, with the bladder device attached, and as it uses fuel, it crates vacuum and pulls air into the bladder. a check valve keeps the air in there. just a crazy idea.

Update.

This stuff works.

Went riding and the front end handled better than it ever had even with the Dunlop 742FA up front which is not my favourite tyre..

It took me till I had a look at my fuel situation. I had forgotten about the tank foam.

The bike feels 20 lbs lighter,BUT i now can't see my fuel level so there's a trade off.

But I like it so it's staying in there.

Thanks for passing along the idea and the updates. Good work.