Sign in to follow this  

honda two stroke 125

You could do some porting and put on some different size sprockets for more low end but then it will be dead up top. I would buy a bigger bike. To many people try to squeeze power out of a 125 when they can just get a 200 or 250.

You could do some porting and put on some different size sprockets for more low end but then it will be dead up top. I would buy a bigger bike. To many people try to squeeze power out of a 125 when they can just get a 200 or 250.
i don't have the heart to let this bike go, what about 250 conversion?

Do you use race the bike offroad or use it as a woods bike? If so what combo of PC pipe and silencer do you have? I was looking at the platinum with the r304 for more bottom to race it offroad, but I'm afraid that it will be to loud for trail riding. Also I have a VForce 3 reed system if that changes anything.

big bore kits are a good way to get more power in the bike. Top end can suffer.

250 swap, not worth the time. The Cr250 has the Showa suspension stock thus you are way better off just selling the bike, and buying a 250.

Thing to remember about a big bore kit, is that they are a big initial outlay of cash. So once you go that way, you are there. Make sure your crank is in good shape and all other parts of the bike like the clutch, bearings, etc. the 125s are a great bike, but they will never be a torque monster. But they are competitive if ridden properly.