Sign in to follow this  

Cops were ridin me all the way

Cop car saw me hop a curb to get to a parking lot. I didnt see him untill I circled the lot and got back on the road by hopping the curb again.he followed me all the way home. I understand I was scrweing around and he wanted me to know he saw it but the dick was riding my ass so close for the whole time I thoight he was going to rub my tire. I almost pulled over to see if he would pass but was afraid he would have taken advantage of that.

i did a little slalom in the road yesterday at about 9pm, (just for fun because i just got out of a test i knew i aced) and i didnt know there was a cop behind me. I saw the car immediately speed up and aggressively tailgate me for about half a mile. After i had had enough I turned around and threw my arm up in the air to signal "*** are you doing so close to me?" which is when he finally flipped on the lights and pulled me over for "careless and imprudent driving".

i wanted to tell him about how he could have run me over if i even so much as tapped the brakes, but i didnt and got off with a warning.

who knew that doing a little slalom in the road was careless and imprudent? what about the 5 people a day that cut me off? is that not "careless and imprudent"? Jesus.

it wasnt even agressive or anything i just did a little back and forth, totally in my lane, couldnt have varied my path by more than 1 foot.

Cop car saw me hop a curb to get to a parking lot. I didnt see him untill I circled the lot and got back on the road by hopping the curb again.he followed me all the way home. I understand I was scrweing around and he wanted me to know he saw it but the dick was riding my ass so close for the whole time I thoight he was going to rub my tire. I almost pulled over to see if he would pass but was afraid he would have taken advantage of that.

you should just be glad you didnt get a citation for wreckless driving.

question: whats the legality on hopping curbs in parking lots? Aren't parking lots technically private property, so the cops cant do anything unless you jump a curb that the government payed for?

anyone a lawyer? lol

I get the curb hopping thing. The curb isn't the road. In this day and age, police are scraping the bottom of the barrel and will write tickets for just about anything to generate revenue... so don't give them another excuse to ticket you. They say it's not about money, but we all know that's bullshit. What I don't get is the slaloming and the cop tailgating closely. For one, a motorcycle is allowed to use every bit of the lane it's in, so as long as you're not crossing into other lanes, shouldn't matter. Two, the cop is being a dick and putting a rider in danger by following them closely like that. They probably know better... but again: dick.

I've been pretty fortunate here in Colorado and haven't gotten any shit from the cops. But then again I also stay pretty tame on the road (except that time I couldn't resist slaloming through construction barrels on a double-lane road :busted:).

Best thing to do for a tailgater is get off the road. Dickhead cop or otherwise, get out of their path !

I don't understand why having fun is bad, to cops.

I believe the problem with hopping curbs in a parking lot is when you cross over the grass and sidewalk and curb along the street that is normally owned by the state or township or town. I've done my fair share of bending the rules while riding because we can go places large vehicles can't which technically is within the boundaries of the law. I think that cops have a sort of leeway with the law obviously since they can break it without consequence and can issue tickets based on their own judgment of a motorists actions ie swerving slightly in a lane which isn't "necessary" to get from point A to point B and that makes it "bad" so a cop pulls you over. Best advice I can give is look before you dick off since I know it's hard to resist.

That's odd they went after you and didn't write you up....:busted:

Maybe it was close to knock off time for him...

Could have been.. It was around 12:15am. And the curb I hopped twie was not in the parking lot, it separated the lot from the road so I wasnt doing it on privite property, and knowbosy was around. As long as im not dicking around in trafic were I can potentaly cause hare to another, I dont see what the big deal is.

It hard not to break at least one law when riding these things. It makes me so devient! Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• Like 1

Could have been.. It was around 12:15am. And the curb I hopped twie was not in the parking lot, it separated the lot from the road so I wasnt doing it on privite property, and knowbosy was around. As long as im not dicking around in trafic were I can potentaly cause hare to another, I dont see what the big deal is.

It hard not to break at least one law when riding these things. It makes me so devient! Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

cops dont see it that way. but i get what your saying! i do it all the time. cops around here see that more as an offense then screaming eagle pipes..

Local cops pulled me over after entering the roadway and twisting the throttle all the way which brought my front tire a few feet off the ground for about twenty or so feet. He saw me first I saw him a second later as he pulled out to come and get me. :busted: I knew it so I just pulled over for him right there and gave him my documents, I didn't say much except to answer his questions. A couple minutes later he gave me my documents back and told me to be not drive like that in his town. I said thank you officer and was on my way scott free! :busted:

You were asking for it, so you got it. Simple as that. If you break the law and they catch up with you, then perhaps you need to do one of two things:

1. Stop breaking the law

2. Take you lumps when you get caught

I'm no angel, and for 40yrs old I've had more than one cop ask me "Aren't you a little old for this?"

My thought? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, so to speak.

In Washington state they will write you up for riding standing up on the pegs. If I remember correctly it goes down as stunt riding.

In Washington state they will write you up for riding standing up on the pegs. If I remember correctly it goes down as stunt riding.

i hope its not that way in missouri. I stand up on the pegs all the time :busted::banghead::busted::banghead::bonk:

You were asking for it, so you got it. Simple as that. If you break the law and they catch up with you, then perhaps you need to do one of two things:

1. Stop breaking the law

2. Take you lumps when you get caught

I'm no angel, and for 40yrs old I've had more than one cop ask me "Aren't you a little old for this?"

My thought? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, so to speak.

Well said, FT!!

I was let off doing 60mph on a 35mph this past summer. I told the motor officer that I didn't realize I was going that fast. I was ready to take my medicine and go on my merry way. He sensed that I wasn't lying to him. He just gave me a "no rear reflector on the back" ticket. He knew it was a bs ticket but it was the least he could write me up for. Funny thing is, he & I chit-chatted on the sidewalk for about 20 minutes after he handed me the ticket. We talked about racing, track day, motorcycle accidents, etc., etc.:busted:

the cops are strong over there , i watch the show ' cops ' and they generally thrash anyone they get their hands on

Their allowed an hour a day to work out on the clock.