Sign in to follow this  

crf250r for harescramblers and enduro?

Hey I am an intermediate rider, and I would just like to know how good the crf250r usually is for harescramblers and enduro in technical trails. Let me know, thanks...

use one here in new zealand and works fine. just has hyde sump plate and hand hangaurds

I'm running a 2012 CRF250R in hare scrambles. But the course is a combo of outdoor MX and open prairie/desert terrain. I think the 250X will be much better for tight technical stuff because the lower gear ratios are much lower than the R. Plus the X has a radiator fluid overflow catch tank to retain coolant when it overheats.

In either case I would invest in a Rekluse clutch kit.

It will work just fine. I would recommend suspension mods for you weight and speed to match the terrain you ride, a larger tank and some hand guards. Every bike can be good in the bush, it is what you make it. I have a '12 KTM 250xc and was riding a 08 crf250 yesterday and it did quite well. I am a little heavy for a 250f but it pulled me around pretty decent. The other thing I noticed was how small he bike felt compared to my KTM, it felt like a mini bike.

ya i used to have a crf250x and hated it.. way to heavy, and i actually feel faster in technical trails with the crf250r. only thing i dont like is overheating