Sign in to follow this  

What first bike should i get..?

Im wanting to buy a bike soon but im not sure what size i should get.. im 17, but im a little smaller though. Im 5'3 and weigh 125 if that helps. I can stand on a 250 but on my tippy toe which i think would be a problem for starting and stopping the bike. I tried a 150 but it feels to small. I thought about a 125 because it would be lighter, but i wanted something more for the desert.. what should I do?

Edited by let_ride94

Cost you a few $$, but you can have a 250 lowered. Taking it down an inch can put you from your tip toes to at least the balls of your feet, and won't noticeably affect suspension action for someone your weight.

Get a 125 shave the seat and get a lowering link. Over time consider removing the link.

id say a 125 would be good. Get a good used 05+ yz125 and send the suspension to a shop have them revalve it, you can also have them lower it, also shave the seat.

just to give you an idea, i ride an 01 kx125 with a lowering link (1"), an 09 kx250f with a link (1" again) and .75" shaved seat from sdg as well as a 12 kx250f with a 1" link and another custom sdg seat...

i'm 5'2 and 140lbs~. You get used to the height over time, the link will help a lot. I didn't think 1" would help much btu i was very wrong when i started!