Sign in to follow this  

Super Moto Engineering rear axle block/slider

my buddy kevin just ordered a set and i wasnt super impressed with them. They dont appear to stick out far enough to be useful. Almost more of a looks thing. Of course he hasnt crashed so i can't say that for sure. I think he might have a red set for sale. I think the machined axle blocks are well made and all the parts appear to be well made so its not a fit/finish thing, more a question of functionality.

This won’t be a track bike (well maybe a track day :busted: ) But things happen on the road as well... If I dont find something better I'll go with these, and look at turning a set of longer pucks.

i have seen them work as is with my own eyes:thumbsup: there a great product. when i get tired of my sliders im going with them. i just found my old oem sliders and ran all thread threw them and called it a day. a little cheaper, not as cool looking but does the job well

They came on my bike when I bought it. The Zeta hand guards show the road rash way more than the sliders. What I have noticed is that the red is fading on my bike and it's only 3 years old, not sure how old the sliders are.

Steve

Most Red anodized items turn pink when exposed to time and sun light. Clear coating helps.

they fit well and look nicely made.

seem to protect decently well on the rear.

on the front,the right one barely sticks out from the fork protector so protection may not be that great???

on the front,the right one barely sticks out from the fork protector so protection may not be that great???

Got ya thanks..

Only planning on using then for the back. I will turn a set and the adapter plates for the front.

I wouldn't worry about the front ones. They hardly ever get touched in a get off. Your handguards get more of the workout more than anything. I would invest in "handguard sliders" if I were you.

Another thing to consider about the SME sliders is that the replacement delrin pucks would be costly.

Another thing to consider about the SME sliders is that the replacement delrin pucks would be costly.

Naaa, Darn near FREE :bonk: I got a 3 ft hunk of delrin in black...3" dia...for dirt cheap...@ $26.

so new pucks, new longer, or replacement are just a few minutes of lathe work....:busted:

But I get the sliders for the hand guards... have to figure something for that. :busted:

Naaa, Darn near FREE ;) I got a 3 ft hunk of delrin in black...3" dia...for dirt cheap...@ $26.

so new pucks, new longer, or replacement are just a few minutes of lathe work....:lol:

Sounds like you got it covered.:busted:

But I get the sliders for the hand guards... have to figure something for that. :busted:

What handguards are you running now?:bonk:

I just put a set of SME's on for the front, rear and handguards last week. Very good fit / finish. I thought like some of the others said, they don't stick out very far, but I hope to never test them. They are a little $$$ but those little POS insert sliders are useless. One of the insert sliders I had fell off in a parking lot, I just left it, pure junk.