Sign in to follow this  

Quick Seat Fitment Question

Will an 02 250sx seat fit on a 02 200exc? I know a big bike is a big bike for certain years, I'm just worried about sx vs exc.

I'm pretty sure the subframe is the same, I believe it's just a question of whether it'll latch onto the tank OK.

They sure as heck look the same!

I believe that as long as both are either two bolt or single bolt, you will be good.

Part numbers are different but that may be for logos or somesuch. For the record, SDG seat numbers are different. It was suggested on another website that it might fit but there would be a gap between the seat and the tank . . . ?

I'm going to take some pictures tomorrow, maybe we can figure it out that way. I might have a newer tank (post - 02)

A few pics to see what if any differences there are (this is a 2-bolt seat). I now realize that the previous owner replaced the stock tank with what appears to be an 03-? tank (the rad covers are 03/04 exc). Please comment with ideas, thanks.

6341001444_fb5666b9e9.jpg

6341002558_4ef2cdd21c.jpg

6341003602_aa76638e15.jpg

6341004588_9e74d667c6.jpg

6341005560_990b093867.jpg

See the hump at the back of the tank in pic # 4? On the SX, that hump is slightly rounded where the EXC one is squared off.

I have an 02 SX tank, 05 SX & a 05 XC tank (remember I just performed the face lift) and the seat fits all of them. BUT, you do have to remove ANY seat extra seat material or staples that are in the area of the seat pan where the gas tank hump fits into. Its a snug fit. SX doesn't matter, but the large capacity tank's hump utilizes all the space.

Like I told you a while back, they fit. You're making this harder than it is! lol

Wasn't trying to make it harder, just wanted to be sure . . . no need to end up with something that didn't work. I saw pictures of a guy's ride with an sx seat on his exc - there WAS a gap between the seat and the tank.

Probably because he had extra material or some other obstruction keeping the seat from "seating" on the tank. Look at the bottom of your seat pan where the hump goes, you'll see what I mean.