Sign in to follow this  

Yz250f problems

My buddy just dropped his 2006 Yz250f off at my house, and im usually pretty good at figuring out whats going wrong, but this one has me completely stumped....:busted: It starts, idles fine, revv up feels like something is binding in the motor and if you do anything but ease ever so gently into the throttle the bike dies without warning or hesitation, like the crank instantly stops spinning instantly....

Checked entire electrical system (mechanic friend was convinced it was the electrical) and everything is in spec.

Anyone have ANY input it would be greatly appreciated :busted:

Kind of like a flywheel backing out and rubbing? Camshafts over torqued? Dirty carb starving it upon decel? Just throwing stuff out there. Never heard of this, it's weird!

I like the cam caps over torqued. Pull the valve cover and check the bolts there. How many hours since rebuild? Also, check the fuel and fuel flow. A loose flywheel and loose stator will do the same thing. Remove the flywheel and check the flywheel for loose rivits, and the stator for loose screws.

I could almost promise you that your cam caps are over torqued. Ive done it many many times to my YZ and it sounds like the exact same thing that yours is doing. You have to be really careful torquing down those bolts and make sure you use loc tite on them as well to prevent them from coming loose since you can't really tighten them down all that much.

See the bike hasn't had any work done In about 30 hours and he came screaming through a berm in 3rd and it just died and has been Doing it ever since, I'll check the cam caps and the flywheel, doesn't sound like it's starving for gas

Thanks for he input guys :busted: