Sign in to follow this  

Jimmy Weinert Training Facility

Just got back from JWF at S.O.B. This was my second time there with my son and even though I did not attend the training or ride due to injury, I had a great time watching my son and the other riders and it's always great to hang out with a legend "The Jammer" who I've become good friends with. This man was one of the guys I idiolized as a kid and now I get to hang with him. Unfortunately this was his last week there due to a falling out with the owner of S.O.B. This guy was very unprofessional in the way he not only forced Weinert out in the middle of training classes, but made it very hard for those who paid good money to train there by closing down the main track during the week and doing everything possible in my eyes for Jimmy to meet his obligations to those who were there. None the less, Jimmy made it happen. The Jammer is moving to a new facility and I'm sure will be making his anouncement soon, and I will be following him as I'm sure many others will do. I wouldn't go back to South of the Border even if they paid me. The motel is a dump and the owner is very unprofessional.:busted:

Edited by NSF3537

Im happy to announce that the Jammer has purchased Crystal Coast MX in North Carolina. It's currently not open, but it's gonna be the place to go on the East Coast. You can get some info from his new web site and some old video of the facility on utube. Cant wait to visit his new place.

Kind've seen this coming. The tension down at SOB was so thick you could cut it with a knife. As for the new facility...ummmm we'll see hopefully they'll change it up.

anyone know if the loretta's area qualifier is still going to be at SOB since all this happened? it's still listed as the first one for the southeast qualifiers on MX sports...

Kind've seen this coming. The tension down at SOB was so thick you could cut it with a knife. As for the new facility...ummmm we'll see hopefully they'll change it up.

His new place will be better. I spoke with him the other day and he plans on putting alot into this place since he bought it. I wouldn't go back to SOB for nothing. I'm a loyal guy and I dont like what the owner of SOB is all about.

The Jammer is having opening day at his new place 12/31 and 1/1/2012 $20 for one day open riding or $30 for both days. Check out his new web site.

http://www.weinerttrainingfacility.com/

Great news he is opening CCMX. I was shocked to hear it was sold awhile back and the new owners had no intentions of opening the mx track back up. I hope he does well there.:lol:

I spoke with him the other day, and he is going to put a lot into this place. I know that he will do well. He is a great guy and just wants to give back to this great sport. The track at SOB was really nice, but it wouldnt be there if it wasn't for Weinert. I hope everyone knows this.

CCMX always drew a big crowd through the winter months and I could never understand why. The track was always beat. If The Jammer does all he say's he is that place should be sweet and he'll get alot of buisness.

CCMX always drew a big crowd through the winter months and I could never understand why. The track was always beat. If The Jammer does all he say's he is that place should be sweet and he'll get alot of buisness.

I was never there, but I'm sure the Jammer is going to do alot to it. He is not the kind of guy to put his name behind something and not make it great. He bought the place, so I'm sure he will put a lot into it unlike if he was just leasing.